Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So expansion pack or nah

So I really hoped to have heard an expansion pack for the ending of the year I feel like these years (personally) we really haven’t gotten much ,stuff pack ,game pack ,expansion pack ,it’s all kits and the kits do nada .

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They said 2 EPs are coming but they didn’t say when or what they are.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,027 Member
    edited October 2022
    Personally I am always plenty broke this time of year even without EP so :sweat_smile: I quite prefer it this way

would need to wait until next year anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,753 Member
    With Christmas heading rapidly our way, all I can say is I won't be able to afford one at this time, either. I also don't like to wait. I prefer getting them upon release. Always have and likely always will. I hate waiting, is my biggest problem. Waiting for the infants is killing me already and they were just announced. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,567 Member
    I want fixes to come before anything new, so it's no hardship for me to wait.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    Well, we got a game pack in June, an expansion pack at the end of July, and four kits in total since late May. In past years I'd have expected to see a stuff pack by the end of this year but since they do seem to have gone all-in on kits, it's more likely we'll see some more of those (if anything). I'd be skeptical of another expansion pack coming out; it's not impossible, but it seems like the furor and bugs haven't yet been solved for HSY so it might not be the best thing to happen. It would be great if they could continue with some of the content updates they've tallked about like NPC overhauls and pack refreshes, which seemed to happen a couple of times and then get dropped.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    Looks like it's going to be Kits only for the rest of the year.
    We have had 2 Game Packs already this year and EA has already said the next Expansion packs are for next year.

Plus since the Base Game is free, they are probably looking for new simmers to provide the holiday revenue by buying up as many past packs as they can afford. Since there will be no new game breaking new features that would come with new packs from here to December, I hope they take this time to hit bugs hard.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I'm optimistic but not holding my breath. :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I hope there is at least one. And they'll get my money as always, because I just have to have that one new world that comes with every major pack *sigh*
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,200 Member
    I would also have to wait because of finances. However on the plus side if one should come soon then maybe by the time I have the funds it will be on sale. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,042 Member
    I hope there is at least one. And they'll get my money as always, because I just have to have that one new world that comes with every major pack *sigh*

Haha, same here.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I think the first EP will be released before the end of the year. The second one since it had an infant being carried on their parents backs, will most likely be released after the infant update. My guess is February
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,002 Member
    edited October 2022
    I still think a game pack might happen yet. Maybe the 12th day of Simsmas gives us a GP or EP. We didn't get the Spring roadmap in April like usual, so maybe we get the Winter one in November? I don't feel like we're going to get another EP in 2022. We should, we used to get two a year, but things feel different since the start of the pandemic and the arrival of kits. It'll be fun to see what news we get over the next month.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,444 Member
    They clearly said in the summit that the two EPs are to be released next year. Maybe they have something else to still release this year, but no EPs. I think there will be the two leaked kits in November and the 12 days of simsmas thing in December and that' it.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I always wait until I see what a pack contains before I decide whether or not to get it. The last pack I preordered was HSY because of the preorder content.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I always wait until I see what a pack contains before I decide whether or not to get it. The last pack I preordered was HSY because of the preorder content.
    Same here. There's still a bunch of expansion and game packs I haven't bought simply because I'm not interested in their features.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I heard them say in the stream ‘two expansion packs next year’. I think there is some possible kits on the way and the 12 days of simsmas.

We are nearly in November, next year is not far 😁
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They clearly said in the summit that the two EPs are to be released next year. Maybe they have something else to still release this year, but no EPs. I think there will be the two leaked kits in November and the 12 days of simsmas thing in December and that' it.
    Wait really? Must’ve missed the next year part😵
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,694 Member
    I’m not expecting any major packs for the rest of this year. All of the hints seem to point to next year. Some kits, maybe, and possibly some free holiday items through Sims Express Delivery. If they put out a pack for the Christmas buying season, I expect it will be a GP, rather than an EP. I would say a stuff pack, but those seem to have gone the way of the dinosaurs.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    edited October 2022
    I would like having an expansion pack or game pack this year, but I don’t think it will happen with 2 expansions next year and babies coming.

I think we will get the 2 kits at least and whatever the 12 days of simsas is. It would be nice if they threw in a stuff pack before the end of the year, but not likely.

I think that infants might come in January and an EP in about March or April, generations maybe. And the the other EP maybe early November. We might get a GP in between if we are lucky, along with some kits spread out through the year.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member
    They said 2 EPs are coming but they didn’t say when or what they are.

I am definitely interested in the second EP picture that has the bridge in the background. I’d love another city themed world. I’m hoping we might get some new apartments.

A bicycle for kids and a baby carrier would be awesome 😎.

The first picture looks too similar to the festivals in San MyShuno.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    The first picture looks too similar to the festivals in San MyShuno.

It does. I saw a few people say that.

I think it’s a market stall, like produce and vegetables. And the different color apartments on the building make me think of Latin America countries so I think whatever it is will probably feel very different.

But it does remind me of San Myshuno, which isn’t a bad thing 😊

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,753 Member
    My fear is major packs require patches that will oftentimes break mods that some of us need to fully enjoy this game. (And yeah, I fully expect infants to be patched in, but we'll just have to wait and see.) That's one Patch, such as when we got Toddlers I likely won't grouse over. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Thank you everyone I really appreciate your opinions on my opinion and I sympathize with everyone truly :)
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 305 Member
    I’d rather they fix and update the game before adding more too it. I’m more excited for the free updates over new content. I’m really hoping they continue to improve the game. Although I would like to see a life stage expansion pack. An expansion pack that adds depth to each life stage seeing as how we are getting another life stage in 2023.