Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return to the gameplay kits

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
edited October 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
After Bust The Dust disaster, gameplay kits could be a nice option to add some realism, drama and other elements for TS4. If EA could consider to have another gameplay kits, these could be nice ideas.
  • Lawn mowing: grass and weed growing, plus new lawn mowers
  • Wood chopping: to feed off-the-grid appliances like fireplaces, stoves and grills
  • Aquarium care: like in the past games, options to feed, clean and replace dead fishes
  • New harvestables: crops like wheat, corn and other grains
  • Composting: new fertilizers, new composters, compatible with Cats & Dogs pet poop and Cottage Living manure from shed and coops.
  • Water heaters/boilers: plumbing items needs now water heater/boiler to have hot water. More drama!
  • Pizza oven: cooking new pizza, calzonne and other bake dishes
  • Deep fryer: fries, donuts and nuggets! If Dine Out refresh isn't on the way soon.
  • Thermostat items: air conditioner units, fans and radiators. Season doesn't required with new heat/cold wave gameplay.
  • Outdoor games: either apple blobbing, axe throwing, archery or log rolling. If a Outdoor Retreat refresh isn't on the way soon.
  • Swimming pool cleaning: new gameplay, filters and leaf net. Similar to TS Freplay.
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2022
    I would def. buy the lawn mower kit. It's something I miss from TS2 which is bushes and weeds growing in the yards in the spring, it would put sims in a bad mood if the outside of the house wasn't well taken care of, pretty realistic. It should have been included with Seasons but oh well.....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Sigzy05 Not sure if you can or are willing to use mods, but there is a mod for "lawn care". I have it installed but haven't actually had a chance to test it out because I've been working on setting up a world save file for future saves.
    Lawn System

Every two days, grass will grow on any grass-painted ground. Depending on how big the lot is and how much grass area is available, you may not see grass cover the entire lawn for a balanced-out experience with game performance. As soon as you see grass patches, your Sims can mow the lawn with the new Infinity Cordless Lawnmower or take the patches out with their own hands. They will also have the ability to Watch Grass Grow. Your Outdoorsy Sims will enjoy these activities, while Sims that are high gardening skills will also enjoy these activities and be more efficient in their lawn care.

When using the lawnmower, your Sims will autonomously cut the grass once started, but if they ever get stuck, click another grass patch to keep them going.

You can find this new object in Build/Buy mode called SimRealist - Infinity Cordless Lawnmower in Outdoor Activities.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Grass growth is disabled on Business Lots, NPC Residential Lots, Community Lots, Apartment Lots, and on desert worlds like Oasis Springs or StrangerVille. Grass growth is also disabled during the Winter season if you have Seasons installed.

Gardener and Butler NPCs will cut the lawn if there's a lawnmower available.

But I should be able to test in the next week.

The mod is by SimRealist and can be found here:
    https://simrealist.itch.io/home-and-land-company
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
    @Sigzy05 Not sure if you can or are willing to use mods, but there is a mod for "lawn care". I have it installed but haven't actually had a chance to test it out because I've been working on setting up a world save file for future saves.
    Lawn System

Every two days, grass will grow on any grass-painted ground. Depending on how big the lot is and how much grass area is available, you may not see grass cover the entire lawn for a balanced-out experience with game performance. As soon as you see grass patches, your Sims can mow the lawn with the new Infinity Cordless Lawnmower or take the patches out with their own hands. They will also have the ability to Watch Grass Grow. Your Outdoorsy Sims will enjoy these activities, while Sims that are high gardening skills will also enjoy these activities and be more efficient in their lawn care.

When using the lawnmower, your Sims will autonomously cut the grass once started, but if they ever get stuck, click another grass patch to keep them going.

You can find this new object in Build/Buy mode called SimRealist - Infinity Cordless Lawnmower in Outdoor Activities.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Grass growth is disabled on Business Lots, NPC Residential Lots, Community Lots, Apartment Lots, and on desert worlds like Oasis Springs or StrangerVille. Grass growth is also disabled during the Winter season if you have Seasons installed.

Gardener and Butler NPCs will cut the lawn if there's a lawnmower available.

But I should be able to test in the next week.

The mod is by SimRealist and can be found here:
    https://simrealist.itch.io/home-and-land-company

I've tried it, it's nice but the lawn mower is too chunky in my oppinion.

a0196384402f405cf2906cf746310713.png

These could be a nice option, two lawn mowers, like vaccuum cleaners, with advantages and disvantages. Also, upgrades