Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graduation Issues

Is anyone having this issue with graduation? Sim shows up for graduation on Sunday in their robe but no one else shows up so no photo for graduation. She did receive her diploma in the mail. I have one mod and that is McCommand Center. Just curious is anyone is having this problem. Glad my sim graduated, but stinks that she will not have her photo or get to give the speech for being valedictorian.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    No. My Sims never got the chance to even attend graduation. The first one aged up to YA and was deemed a drop out. Face/palm. He had straight A's, too. I decided to roll back a save and try again. Both of the younger two Teens were offered to graduate early, so I took that chance. They both got the Trait and their diplomas, so when my eldest Teen was offered it again, I went ahead and had him graduate early, too. I'm so done with high school I could spit. Uni is far more interesting when it comes to gameplay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    My sim showed up at graduation in her regular clothes, then changed into robes when they were supposed to be giving valedictorian speech. I never got a chance to take a photo, but a photo and the diploma showed up in the mail. I actually reloaded the game twice to try again, and same outcome each time.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    @GalacticGal and @JusGaminDLC at least I am not the only one with graduation issues. My sim did get her diploma but no photo. I hope they fix these issues. I really enjoy the pack in fact I enjoy all packs even when they have bugs. It just is annoying, but not enough to make stop playing the game.
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    > @RamblineRose said:
    > @GalacticGal and @JusGaminDLC at least I am not the only one with graduation issues. My sim did get her diploma but no photo. I hope they fix these issues. I really enjoy the pack in fact I enjoy all packs even when they have bugs. It just is annoying, but not enough to make stop playing the game.

@RamblineRose Agreed, it's almost a game within the game to figure out how to play with the bugs, lol.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    they offered my teen sims to gradulate early but i never got the notification to attend any ceremony
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sim aged up and she got a notice she was Valedictorian. I saw nothing on the calendar but on Sunday I went to see if it was happening. It was set up, there were sims there, but nobody wore robes, no food was put out, someone else acted as Valedictorian, Nobody was called up for Diplomas and then it ended. So I ended up with nothing. No picture, no diploma, nothing.
  • Options
    @Behappy1st I had the same thing, at least I got my diploma in the mail. But my sim invited a few of her friends bought food from the table and same thing nothing. No one showed up. So this sounds like a serious bug because I have only MC Command Center for a mod. @sireneiles if you graduate early, I don't think you have a ceremony to attend. Don't quote me on that. This is a legacy game that I started with my founder doing rags to riches.

I thought if we get a conversation going like this and more invloved if they have issues there might be an answer to our problem. Maybe it is not a bug.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2022
    Is anyone having this issue with graduation? Sim shows up for graduation on Sunday in their robe but no one else shows up so no photo for graduation. She did receive her diploma in the mail. I have one mod and that is McCommand Center. Just curious is anyone is having this problem. Glad my sim graduated, but stinks that she will not have her photo or get to give the speech for being valedictorian.

I know it’s not quite the same thing, but you could put her graduation robe and hat on and take her to the photo booth, or take a selfie with her in her graduation outfit. Or if you have Get to work or Moschino stuff, take some pictures using those. In my main rotational save I have a photographer I can put in a household and use to take wedding photo’s and stuff.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    @Behappy1st I had the same thing, at least I got my diploma in the mail. But my sim invited a few of her friends bought food from the table and same thing nothing. No one showed up. So this sounds like a serious bug because I have only MC Command Center for a mod. @sireneiles if you graduate early, I don't think you have a ceremony to attend. Don't quote me on that. This is a legacy game that I started with my founder doing rags to riches.

I thought if we get a conversation going like this and more invloved if they have issues there might be an answer to our problem. Maybe it is not a bug.

SheriSim57 wrote: »

I know it’s not quite the same thing, but you could put her graduation robe and hat on and take her to the photo booth, or take a selfie with her in her graduation outfit. Or if you have Get to work or Moschino stuff, take some pictures using those. In my main rotational save I have a photographer I can put in a household and use to take wedding photo’s and stuff.

@RamblineRose i meant more like if i don't accept the graduation early nothing happens. I tried to not graduate early, see if there were any graduation ceremony but so far nothing happened and my sims is young adult now so i doubt it will now. When did the graduation happened for you ? did you have a notification before or after your teen sim aged up ?
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »

@RamblineRose i meant more like if i don't accept the graduation early nothing happens. I tried to not graduate early, see if there were any graduation ceremony but so far nothing happened and my sims is young adult now so i doubt it will now. When did the graduation happened for you ? did you have a notification before or after your teen sim aged up ?

Graduation is the first Sunday after they age up. I think it's at 6pm. But I didn't get a heads up and It was a mess.
  • Options
    I restarted my game with my sim prior to this latest update that we had. The only mods I had in game was MC Cmd Center and Twisted Mex Build Better mod. Because of the update, I always disable all my mods and remove them prior. So, back to the game. My sim she was an A student, overachiever, getting close to graduating. I go into the game and she ages up because all my settings are different from what I was playing on. No problem. It was Thursday. She got her diploma. Sunday rolls around and I got the notice for her to go to graduation and to invite friends. Yes. Finally. WhooHOO. She arrives with friends and she is in her robe, she also practiced her speech for Valedictorian. She paid for food and drink. I was able to click on podium so she could give her speech, she got her diploma, and her photo.

I don't know if it was the update, but previously she was unable to give her speech, get a diploma, photo, no one showed up etc. So, I am super excited about this. My Sim graduated from high school. She is enrolled in Foxbury honors and full ride.

I am enjoying HYS, the wants and fears could be better developed with more that change around to different ones and the ability to toggle them without buying a potion would be nice. Or even being able to talk about them more.

I hope with this Summit we have some interesting news for Sims 4, I really love this game and hope to see it expanded and developed more. There are those that want Sims 5 and I do believe it will come sometime. We still have babies that need to be taken out of the crib, cars, elders need attention, and much more. Thanks to you all that have made comments I really appreciate your information. I just wanted to give an update on my sims progress.

Happy Simming Rose.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    sireneiles wrote: »

Graduation is the first Sunday after they age up. I think it's at 6pm. But I didn't get a heads up and It was a mess.

Yes, it’s at 6pm and it’s a Sunday however if they age up on the weekend I think it’s the following Sunday. You get a notification just before it’s about to start but I think you may need to be controlling the graduating sim to get it. I know I had a sim completely miss it but it’s popped up for others.

The worst thing about it is that it’s not in the calendar. Given how important it is they’ve made it much more missable than a random sports day.
  • Options
    The graduation should show up in your calendar. Yes, the graduation is the first Sunday after they age up if they age up on Saturday they should graduate on Sunday the graduation starts at 6pm. When we got the last update my, I took Mc Command Center and cc out so it could have been something conflicting. I have not put Mc command center back in but I have very little cc.