Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School and More Months

rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,341 Member
I have aging turned off, so will school go into the other calendar seasons? I have it set to 14 days, and right now school lasts 7 days, and then there are 7 days of no school.

EDIT:
I made mistake. What is happening is that I have it set for 14 days per season. School goes for two seasons for a total of 28 days on the calendar. After the 28 days, it shows 28 days of no school (no exams, proms, etc) on the calendar.
Post edited by rjssim on

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Wdym there are 7 days without school? Did you make those 7 days holidays?
    I got aging off too and like every other career school goes on into all the seasons
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    edited August 2022
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Wdym there are 7 days without school? Did you make those 7 days holidays?
    I got aging off too and like every other career school goes on into all the seasons

Sorry, my bad. I have it set for 14 days. School goes for 2 seasons, and then there are 2 seasons of no school on the calendar. So, there are 28 days of school that show on the calendar, and there are 28 days where it doesn't show school (exams, proms, etc) on the calendar.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2022
    There is a bug report already, that seems to be the same problem... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-Teens-can-t-go-to-school-after-4-weeks-on-long-lifespan/td-p/11697663

Seems to be that the school system is not very well thought out for long lifespan or aging off (and I would really like to know how it is for short lifespan...).
    Post edited by flauschtrud on
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    There is a bug report already, that seems to be the same problem... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-Teens-can-t-go-to-school-after-4-weeks-on-long-lifespan

Seems to be that the school system is not very well thought out for long lifespan or aging off (and I would really like to know how it is for short lifespan...).

This is not good. This will affect us who want to create long stories around this theme.

Edit:
    Does anyone know if it resets if we turn the calendar to a 7 day season cycle, or is it just 4 weeks and that is it? Like what if you are like 14 days into the game, and you create a teen on the 14th day?
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2022
    Here's the link again, since the old one did not work anymore (I assume because mods added a tag): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-Teens-can-t-go-to-school-after-4-weeks-on-long-lifespan/td-p/11697663

And I'd agree, this shouldn't be designed this way, it just does not make any sense and would make HSY together with long lifespan quite useless.
    Post edited by flauschtrud on
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    Oh I didnt know about that, guess my teens havent been through the 4 weeks yet....
    But that shouldnt be intended, if it was than why have prom and exam every week?

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I have aging turned off, so will school go into the other calendar seasons? I have it set to 14 days, and right now school lasts 7 days, and then there are 7 days of no school.

EDIT:
    I made mistake. What is happening is that I have it set for 14 days per season. School goes for two seasons for a total of 28 days on the calendar. After the 28 days, it shows 28 days of no school (no exams, proms, etc) on the calendar.

Do you have mods or do you play vanilla?
  • Options
    So I took a look at my calender and school is scheduled in throughout, far beyond 4 weeks...but my seasons last 28 days, dont know if that has anything to do with it.

• Options
    I just have an update on this. I did the time cheat to make time go by fast, and regardless of the number of the days on the calendar, the first 4 weeks will always show the school, prom, etc icons. So, all though they don't show past that on a calendar setting of 14 or 28, they will still remain on the calendar as the first 4 weeks once your date reaches that. I haven't tested the going to school part or the school events, but at least the icons letting you know that the HSY events are still always going to be there on the calendar.

@SilentKitty I am only using a CC mods with a few basic other mods, but nothing that manipulates the game drastically like MCCC. I took that out.

@RavenSpit I did notice that the school days where scheduled beyond the 4 weeks and showed on the calendar as well, but it was the school icons like football, cheerleading, prom, etc that weren't showing beyond the first 4 weeks. However, as mentioned above, although they don't show on the calendar beyond the first 4 weeks, they will still always remain on the calendar as the first 4 weeks when that time comes beyond the first 4 weeks. So, I guess that's a good thing. I just need to actually test if they still work on the long life span and ageing off options.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    rjssim wrote: »

@RavenSpit I did notice that the school days where scheduled beyond the 4 weeks and showed on the calendar as well, but it was the school icons like football, cheerleading, prom, etc that weren't showing beyond the first 4 weeks. However, as mentioned above, although they don't show on the calendar beyond the first 4 weeks, they will still always remain on the calendar as the first 4 weeks when that time comes beyond the first 4 weeks. So, I guess that's a good thing. I just need to actually test if they still work on the long life span and ageing off options.

Oh thats what you meant, yeah thats been this way for a long time with other events/holidays too, at least for me, so I figured its intended.

Ive been playing with long life and aging off for years now, and so far everything will happen as it should, events, holidays, work/school throughout the year(s).