Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble with new game?!?!

I just bought the new High School pack and the loading screens are taking forever...I disabled my mods but also notice that I have two icons for the world in my world picker screen...is anyone else having terrible issues with this pack?

Comments

• Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    ...is anyone else having terrible issues with this pack?

I am going to run on the assumption that you are seriously having trouble and you don't know about all the issues with this pack. For the record, yes. The update last week and the expansion have seen more than their fair share of bugs. I'm sure there's a thread detailing them all here somewhere. Also, the bugs have been so interesting, the media has covered them in articles.

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    ...is anyone else having terrible issues with this pack?

I am going to run on the assumption that you are seriously having trouble and you don't know about all the issues with this pack. For the record, yes. The update last week and the expansion have seen more than their fair share of bugs. I'm sure there's a thread detailing them all here somewhere. Also, the bugs have been so interesting, the media has covered them in articles.

I had no clue, this download has seriously broke my game! I so regret ever purchasing it. I bought it like an hour ago and have been doing everything to try to fix it.

My game is basically unplayable....it ruined my entire game it appears!
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    If it's any consolation, there's lot of us in the same boat right now. They're supposed to be be pushing out a big patch for it at the end of this week. So, keep an eye out for that.
  • Options
    If it's any consolation, there's lot of us in the same boat right now. They're supposed to be be pushing out a big patch for it at the end of this week. So, keep an eye out for that.

Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it!!
  • Options
    tracyajltracyajl Posts: 1 New Member
    your not the only one in the same boat. Second time I opened the game all my sims disappeared. I tried repairing the game and nada.
  • Options
    tracyajl wrote: »
    your not the only one in the same boat. Second time I opened the game all my sims disappeared. I tried repairing the game and nada.

Wow that is terrible..I have a fairly new computer and have never had an issue with the Sims performance, but this really did a number on my game. I wish I could take the game off lol
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    The patch, not the expansion itself, is actually causing the most problems at the moment. Devs are working on a fix. The expansion itself has added a couple more. If you have mods, please take a look at this thread for information on what mods have been updated and need to be replaced.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    I made the mistake of updating my game, but have not and will not be buying the new pack. It took me a week just to get my game running again after the update. I won't be updating or buying anything new for my game now or into the future, this last mess is all I will tolerate.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,968 Member
    There are a couple of possible solutions here. Crinrict also notes that people with mods that allow for extra worlds (or, I would guess, things like allowing all worlds to be residential) may have to disable those mods or wait for the mod creator to update.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Maps-from-DLC-appearing-twice-on-Overview-page/td-p/11565374
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/06/world-appears-twice-on-world-map/

• Options
    There are a couple of possible solutions here. Crinrict also notes that people with mods that allow for extra worlds (or, I would guess, things like allowing all worlds to be residential) may have to disable those mods or wait for the mod creator to update.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Maps-from-DLC-appearing-twice-on-Overview-page/td-p/11565374
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/06/world-appears-twice-on-world-map/

I just read it so others did have that problem...I am not that computer savvy but will try to pull the right folder lol....thank you so much for this!!!