Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So my teen's mood in HSY

Has mostly been a mix of constantly tense, sad, angry and once during exam mortified. It's not really a lot of fun, I try to get her fun up, but it can switch instantly without me having any control over it. Is it meant to be this extreme?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2022
    well, sounds realistic to me :lol:
    don't have high school pack yet but I assume you could add some fun building items to school like stereo in cafeteria or something so they could gain little bits of fun on their breaks

also just a thought but if fun is going down rapidly i wonder if there is something they dislike or fear in there?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited July 2022
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Has mostly been a mix of constantly tense, sad, angry and once during exam mortified. It's not really a lot of fun, I try to get her fun up, but it can switch instantly without me having any control over it. Is it meant to be this extreme?

That's why I end up aging my teen. I played her 2 in game weeks before the hsy pack released and it was almost every day coming home from school with a +50 bad moodlet and it would take 2 to 3 in game hours her talking to herself at the mirror (to go away).
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    If your teen has these +50 moods from the parenthood pack, I found the easiest way is too grab a diary and let them "write" them out. It is a different option for each mood in the book. Sometimes it takes two or three writings, but it works quicker ;)
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    If your teen has these +50 moods from the parenthood pack, I found the easiest way is too grab a diary and let them "write" them out. It is a different option for each mood in the book. Sometimes it takes two or three writings, but it works quicker ;)

Thank you so much for this suggestion, i will give it a try :)
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Mine only seem to get intense mood swings once a week and usually on Friday of all days. Gaining emotional control with the private journal helps keep it to a once a week event. The +50 mood swings give an opportunity to gain emotional control. Jog to clear mind, wind down with classical music and writing in the journal help gain it but also using the mirror can bring the mood down as well in a pinch
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for this suggestion, i will give it a try :)

I hope it works, and also just a tip. Do not age up a mortified teen, I did it and he immediately died as a young adult. I thought because its a teen mood swing it will disappear with aging, it does not and does not give you enough time to respond to it as a young adult ;)

• Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Mine had some terrible mood swings when he had bad acne. Lol I felt so bad for him.