Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims smile too much

The constant smile and happiness is odd. I don't think sims feel REAL happiness if they are "happy" all of the time. I think fine should be the default emotion, it is more realistic.

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    I agree! I actually have mine modded so that fine is the default because that just feels more realistic. Even in RL, happy people do not joker smile 24/7.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Never noticed I work with a lot of happy people that smile a lot and that's saying something I know what we deal with there, maybe play more zoomed out so you don't see it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have always found that odd too. I have used a mod which tunes down facial expressions for a long time (bienchen's lessfacialoveraction mod). I think it looks much better, especially with idle animations when they are looking around. Sims smiling and looking left and right looks odd to me.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    i fully disagree with this thread i much prefer to see happy and friendly sims and see nothing wrong with this as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I strongly disagree! I like having my Sims happy and friendly, since the real world can be so rough sometimes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Totally agree. You can give a sim 100% bad traits, and they're still as happy and outgoing as one with all good traits
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,133 Member
    edited June 2022
    Idk I feel like my current problem is "emotionally mindful" overriding all other moodlets and it especially frustrates me when sim is supposed to be angry or sad or something instead

like grandma is dead but hey I took shower today!

even goes on top of flirty like gosh now my sims can't get in mood for woohooty cause I've been tending to their needs today -_- should I have let them wet their pants or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited June 2022
    I find it helpful to stick the Genius trait on any sims who I absolutely don't want to go around grinning all the time. They can still smile and be happy, but most of them don't do it all the time if they're a genius (real or fake, lol). Edited to add: It's because they very often become focused, which overrides most of the happy-happy look.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2022
    I guess Sim is happy because they are not in realistic world we live in, Sim live in almost perfect world, more or less, even chance to get immortal, easy to get rich, easy to get love, easy to get job and quit job, easy to get highest promation of job so go on, in real life, lot of people don't had that chance at all, even all of them, there is no disability sim in that game! That's why Sim is happy! LOL

In Realistic life, it's hard to get rich or impossible to get rich (for most people), impossible/difficult to get high rank career (limited number this world had offer, everyone can't be boss at same time, ect, but in Sim, offer everyone to chance get highest rank career unlimited! Everyone can be own boss!) Difficult to get love one or impossible for some people (In Sims 4, create spouse and spouse's personal out of thin air!), and impossible to get immortal or occult to get superpower, more or less.

There is "Sad" traits but it's only bring random sadness here and there, more or less.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,070 Member
    "Fine" is the default mood isn't it?
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    "Fine" is the default mood isn't it?

I think OP trying to said, "Fine" should be more often, and happy should be less often.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 613 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yeah, I'm using the Meaningful Stories mod with True Happiness module since it makes Fine act more like the default mood it's supposed to be. Happy was way too dominating since they all kept grinning like idiots 24/7 just because they have a nice painting on the wall or ate decent food or something. Nevermind my best friend just died yesterday BUT DAT PAINTING/FOOD!!! Like, look, nice for them to be Happy and I'm easily happy person myself but I don't look like I'm high just because I'm happy lol.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The constant grinning will never NOT annoy me. This has been an internal complaint of mine throughout the life of ts4. I make way too many serious or mean sims for all of that grinning. Looks goofy lol.
    Neutral look should be default. Grinning only if very happy.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,905 Member
    I use Meaningful Stories like Thrior. Keeps Sims in much more stable, yet varied moods and default of Fine. It’s been a staple mod for me for years. Hardly ever breaks with updates too!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    I totally agree. They did make some adjustments to make "Fine" stronger, but if all needs are full, Sims are automatically "Happy" buffed. Eating a decent meal...also "Happy". Decorations..."Happy" again. The simple, day to day default tasks and bare minimum should not buff Happy. It just keeps the game unbalanced and ends up always overriding the other emotions if you take good care of your Sims. A cared for Sim should be "Fine", and it should take additional stimuli, determined by Sim personality, interaction, objects or special circumstances, to make them "Happy", the same way it does for other emotions. And that's where I feel that the initial design of emotion mechanics in Sims 4 went wrong; they put too much stress on default happiness instead of making it an emotion to earn like the others.

I would love to see more tweaking done to balance this.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    @LiELF thanks for the reply, very insightful. Sims are unbothered when their grandparents die because they took a shower, then they eat a poor meal while staring towards a blank wall with a psycho grin! I notice gloomy and hothead sims are "happy," too. It feeds into the lack of individuality from sim to sim.

I wish I could mod it, I am a PS4 player however.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    @Thrior I thought this exact thing and went to post the thread! I didn't because I do not know what is restricted on the forums. You read my mind.
    Thrior wrote: »
    I'm easily happy person myself but I don't look like I'm high just because I'm happy lol.