Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why were my sims culled?

aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
Hi I enabled the bypass sim culling feature in mccc and two of my sim families were still culled :(

Is mccc working correctly?

Comments

• Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    The game just culled a bunch of my characters, and they weren't even dead. It culled a little girl in one household, but I was able to save her because I had an old copy of her in the gallery. But now I discovered it culled 2 more adults in another household (and possibly another in a different household), and I don't know if I can retrieve them because my oldest save is yesterday and I never uploaded them to the gallery!

I aged the triplets up to toddlers, and the next day their mom was erased from the game! How can the game just orphan 3 toddlers like that!

The funny thing is, the game doesn't cull my characters that I don't care about. It does it to some of my favorites!
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I can't say anything about the MCCC culling feature. But there is a thread for help with MCCC. MCCC Help Chat

As for protecting your sims from culling outside of MCCC, the only ones that are safe are the ones in the My Households area of the Manage Households screen. Played households are added here automatically. If you want to protect sims you are not playing, you have to manually add them.

More info on culling is here:
    Culling: What does it do?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Actually, the game culled sims that WERE in "My Households"!

And 2 of the Sims it culled were in a family I was playing, and that had just aged triplets up into toddlers, the day before they were culled. So they were in "My Households" and I was recently playing them, but they got culled. Not killed or moved to another household, but culled.

I think the only way to really protect your sims is to upload them to the gallery, so you can rescue them from there.

I tried to rescue my characters that weren't in the gallery with an old save, but all my save files are from yesterday. (I did find an old save from February in my backups, but two of the characters that got deleted were just created last month, so they wouldn't be in there.)

Isn't there any way to retrieve an older save than yesterday? It looks like the game won't even let me load any .ver files that are older than my .save file. Why does it save .ver files if they're older than the .save file? My save file is from around 11pm, and the .ver files are older, but it won't let me load them without the newer .save file.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Tammors The ver files will load if you change their name. They're earlier versions of the save they share the rest of the name with.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks @luthienrising .

Tried it, but unfortunately, that didn't seem to work either. The oldest version I had was still too new. It was a few hours older than the .save file, so I was hoping I could find them. But it looks like that was too old too. Why do we have multiple saves if they are all the same day?

I think the time to rescue my other characters, whom I did not know had been culled, ran out while I was desperately trying to save a little girl that I noticed was missing from another household. At first I thought the game had adopted her into another household, so I wasted precious time trying to find her until I got the idea of checking for her in the family tree of one of her parents, and saw that she no longer existed. I can't help but wonder if I might have had an older save that still had her and the others that were culled if I didn't do that.

I was able to rescue her from a February save in my backup file, and might be able to rescue one of the others that way too. But two of my deleted characters were created just last month, and I had played them right before I noticed the little girl was missing.

The February backup had a save file that was 3 days older than the .ver files. Why doesn't the game do that anymore? Why are the .ver files all within only a few hours of each other?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Tammors Every time you save, your previous save becomes the most recent ver file. How old those are depends on how often you save .
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.