Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maniacal Neighborhood Stories

I can't be the only one experiencing some higher than usual NPC deaths. My instance of the neighborhood story progression is killing off townies faster than the TS2 Tombstone of Life & Death! :D

In the last 2 days of game play, no less than 4 legacy-level townies just up and fell off of cliffs, lost to evil chickens or got into deadly brawls with rabbits. :'(

Anyone else? Who have you lost lately?
OriginID: crimsonclover324
YachD4h.png

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,964 Member
    No one. I have deaths turned off.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I actually want to experience more death! haha. My Sims are procreating like rabbits though! They keep having twins too. Anyone else having this twin boom too?
  • Options
    crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    @alan650111 No boom in twins here, but there are some families that have 4 infants all at once. Having more babies than they do aging up to toddlers. It's crazy out there!
    YachD4h.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I had a number of births in my normal save game I almost missed someone fell off a cliff.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    not many deaths, but my sims' other family (spares) have managed to acquire 3 kids, all three kids belong to the one cousin.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Deaths haven't taken over my game yet, but households adopting children has, even when I turn that option off households are still adopting kids.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    edited May 2022
    You definitely aren't the only one with a death issue. I've been panning around premades everywhere, if it wasn't for the fact I've made about 10+ Sims for San Myshuno who aren't affected by stories, that whole town would be emtpy by now for me! But it gets worse

Lillith Pleasants not just dead, she's straight up vanished
    qNpiHf7.png

Both of Kaori's grandparents are dead, her premade crush? Dead too. Her already dead parents? Dead. She's the only premade Sim not dead or had emigratted from that town, and I'm not sure if thats EA having a softspot for SSX, or just luck. But this means Mt Komorebi is officially a husk.

Bella Goth? Dead. Eliza Pancakes dead, and however many more Sims whos names I do not know.

No graves or urns in sight for any of them, and I half want to import them back, because having so many deaths, two babies at most and seeing most of the unique Sims gone is just sad.

I'm left with fractured premades, the few remaining are all sad and/or lonely. A world filled by Sulani locals no matter the region! And to rub salt in the wounds the messages that made me aware of how many were dying weren't noticed because I didn't check the mailboard each day, multiple times to see all the news rather than only one piece from that day... And extra salt on the wound are the messages, really Bella just *died* because of cereal induced fires? Or a cowplant that I've never planted, and never will plant? I'm not laughing.

Seems like some people have their Sims running 100 baby challenges of their own, and others like me having a game thats turning into a dystopian end of the world.

This was all with pet adoption and baby adoption off, otherwise I'd bet I'd hear horror stories where dogs and infants overrun a single parent houses to a worse extent
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I eventually had to disable it all together. My game is with aging turned off and the death rate was high but not quite as high as the baby and adoption explosion. With aging off and no ability to really match make for widowed sims without full intervention I was just over it. I'm happily back to having my pre made sims in tact. I just enjoy their familiarity. I still get phone calls for babies and engagements and promotions which are much easier to manage over the whole structure of the world needing intervention. The rate at which things occurred was just too much
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,691 Member
    I lost Dirk Dreamer, for which I'm still reeling. (There's a hole at the Starlight Accolades without him.) Apparently, he was fixing cereal and an explosion occurred? I do know it's claimed cereal isn't always good for you, but still …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    No drama in my neighborhood stories, just the usual, so and so adopted a toddler, so and so adopted a cat, so and so moved out, etc. Nobody has died, naturally or otherwise. Very mundane.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    It was a record making saga in my save game this past week.

Caleb Vatore forgot his vampire sunscreen and was turned into an ash pile. Nancy Landgrabb invited me over to meet the new baby and by the time I got back to my lot from visiting, she died of embarrassment leaving the poor baby without a mom.

Then Judith Ward quit her job as a top level actress and the stress of finding a new profession must have been too much for her ego because she stuck her finger in a plug and electricity shot out.

The Mayor of Henford on Bagley and the grocery deliverer moved from the HOB to Stangerville (for some unknown reason) - unsure how this will affect the Finchwick fair contest judging in the future. And Michael Bell the Creature Keeper is living the high life of the Fashion District in San Myshuno!

Bella Goth has 4 newborns that she keeps locked in the very top tower of the Goth Mansion, Diego Lobo lost to a feisty chicken and then Lily Feng fell while rock climbing.

The Bjergsen's had 3 new infants and Clara just couldn't change one more dirty diaper. She ended up wearing her winter clothing in a heat wave and that was it for her. Not to worry, Bjorn was already starting to bud a new relationship within a fortnight.

But it was poor Sarah Scott's untimely parting after being angered so badly that she exploded. I don't know how Simon will be able to keep the Gnome's Arms pub operating without her.

It was then; I had to exit the game for some much needed emotional recovery.
    YachD4h.png
  • Options
    Just when I thought it couldn't get any more bizarre; low & behold. Bjorn blushed so hard he exploded and now the 6 kids are all alone!! :o

BrB5UJH.png
    YachD4h.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    @crimsonnclover324 wow, Sofia is gonna have her hands full! I would play that household and, in no time at all, there would be the joy of 4 toddlers :D