Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invisible fire

I got a notification that there is a fire on my lot, but it's totally invisible! The sound is loudest in the master bedroom but there is no fire there, nobody in the household is freaking out or anything, and the firefighters I called are playing on my computer. I can't save or travel while there is a "fire" on my lot. Is there anything I can do or do I have to just exit without saving?

Comments

• Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    Well, apparently my roof is on fire. :(
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I was just going to say your roof is on fire before I seen the second post. lol. I had that happen to me once to but I don't remember what the cause of the fire was. If You figure out what caused it let's us know so we don't make the same mistake.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Maybe a lightning strike?

...and thanks for this thread, now I'm going to have "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire..." going through my head all afternoon. :s
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never liked how the game locks Build mode during a fire.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This has happened to me too and I could never figure it out. I had no idea the roof can catch fire.
  • Options
    mystang1972mystang1972 Posts: 9 New Member
    I've had this happen before in the "attic" space of my house. Took me forever to find it and finally figure out the reason. In my game it was due to dust build up (from Bust the Dust kit). The attic area was just for show (to give me dormers), I never thought dust would be up there, since there was no access and no one ever went up there. After many times of this occurring, I finally just put a robot vacuum (fully upgraded) up there and never had an issue again. You could also turn the dust kit off in the settings. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Dragonsim2023Dragonsim2023 Posts: 1 New Member
    I has that happen to me so I got the notification but no fire was my sims weren't tense a second later my Sims are tense and my sim sees the fire and then it burned my couch idk how this happened idk why this happened.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I never knew your roof could set on fire! How do you put it out??? I hope this never happens to me. :/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Hey, my basement caught fire around the swimming pool in there. :open_mouth: The fire fighters could never even get into the lot, let alone go down to the basement and put out the flames. Despite the concrete that surrounded the pool, I had multiple incidents of fires down there. Turns out dust collects and that's what catches fire. My bad. I was trying to save room in the yard. Best laid plans …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/