Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

best expansion packs for console?

Hello everyone!
the sims is having a big sale right now and i want some opinions on most compatible(?) expansion packs for ps4! i'm normally a pc player but my computer has been down for years and i miss the sims so i'm taking the bait and getting it for console. i say most compatible because i am still getting used to the controls (": and i don't want to get a expansion that is too much? maybe i'm overthinking it! but if there's no such thing and everything is fine on console just tell me your recommended exp. I already got seasons but that's about it!
tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
Origin ID : Amihvn

Comments

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I play Xbox1. Of course there’s no mods, which stinks, but I find most EP’s work nicely on Console. The controls, to me, aren’t troublesome, but I’ve always played console vs switching to it.

I know you said EP’s, but Vampire is always my top pack suggestion because it adds so much (at least it did for me). It was the first pack (in general) I bought and it was a blast, even with only one. I don’t see any issue with it on console.

My favorite expansions are personally Cottage Living and Cats and Dogs because animals. I have every expansion except Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle because I’m not interested in them, and some are definitely better then others, but in my experience, they all work good with console. Get Famous is the best for CAS because it offers various styles, more facial options such as scars, etc.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    I play Xbox1. Of course there’s no mods, which stinks, but I find most EP’s work nicely on Console. The controls, to me, aren’t troublesome, but I’ve always played console vs switching to it.

I know you said EP’s, but Vampire is always my top pack suggestion because it adds so much (at least it did for me). It was the first pack (in general) I bought and it was a blast, even with only one. I don’t see any issue with it on console.

My favorite expansions are personally Cottage Living and Cats and Dogs because animals. I have every expansion except Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle because I’m not interested in them, and some are definitely better then others, but in my experience, they all work good with console. Get Famous is the best for CAS because it offers various styles, more facial options such as scars, etc.

thank you so much!!
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • Options
    Jenniquejad4455Jenniquejad4455 Posts: 4 New Member
    I also chose console, got burned by the origin online version and prefer a hard copy, ibought a bundle package on PlayStation 4 from gamestop ( yes shocking a brick and mortar gaming store still exists) and was easy to play. For aconsole game Sims4 is pretty innovative. Ionly had S4 on my computer for about 3 weeks before it got hacked and my origin account suddenly erased, so probably stick with console (if they even have for future iterations) going forward. I got the pets expansion with the base game and it worked fine on PlayStation 4.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    You can use keyboard and mouse if that's better for you. The controls can be weird when first starting with a controller, but after a while, you'll get used to it.

I am on console since I have all of the packs on console except Batuu (which isn't available to purchase anymore on playstation 5), and the recent GP, and Build kits.

I think the best packs, imo, are Discover University, City Living, or get famous.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Hello, you should probably start with seasons which you said you have so the only thing ill say about that is that you don't get a new world with it, as you know.
    -Cats and Dogs has a good world and add pets of course, and there are many different looks and breeds for both cats and dogs, you can also create or buy a vet clinic and run it yourself, this is not that fun though, as the employees sometimes are hit or miss as to whether or not hey properly do their job or just stand around but this is a small grip because the pack is good even if you avoid the vet clinic option. It's a good expansion all around.
    -City Living, has good items and build mode stuff and adds a descent world. It also adds new events that happen like geek Con I think it's called where videogame tournaments are held and other stuff.
    -Get Together adds a good world, and the ability to create or join clubs, and the club system is moderately deep, and is not bugged, from my experience. The items and build mode stuff are average to good.
    -Cottage living is optional, It adds a nice looking world but there's not much to do in it, there are a lot of contests like where you enter your cow or chicken to be judged, or you bake a pie and have it judged, if you like gardening this pack will enhance that, and it adds a new lot challenge where you have to use grown ingredients and purchased produce which you put in your fridge to cook stuff. which adds realism.
    -Paranormal is just a cheap pack that offers a new gameplay experience and pretty decent items, I would consider that one.
    -Parenthood enhances the experience of having children and teens, by adding a training type system that has an effect on your Childs development so if you play as a family this pack is a good option
    -Spa days, adds meditation, yoga and other spa activities, I enjoyed this pack, but it's not for everyone
    -Overall, I like to buy expansions that add a big new world with new sims and lots to build on or add from gallery. Also, the items, hairstyles and clothes are important. I haven't bought the High school expansion or the get to work one because I play as a household family, and I don't want to play as a single sim and leave my family. So, Seasons, get together, Cats and Dogs and even cottage living fit well with my game style.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    I play on PS5. I have every pack although I haven’t played them all.

I can’t compare vs PC as I only play on console but I can’t think of a single pack that functions better or worse than any other just due to it being on console. Every pack essentially has the same control scheme etc. You get used to the controls and they become second nature.

The only thing I would say is that the PS4 version is probably similar to a ‘middle/lower end PC’ and the PS5 version more a ‘high end PC’ and this means that your loading times and amount of things on screen before it starts lagging etc

So I would get whichever packs interest you on the PS5 or latest Xbox. And I’d say do the same on PS4 or earlier XBox but perhaps just bear in mind loading times - like in city living if you go to various San Myshuno lots and festivals and districts there’s a loading time for each one - where as smaller more open worlds only load once.

But honestly, this aside, I’d still say get the one that interest you the most. They all function on PS4 to an acceptable level and you’ll have more fun doing the one you want with a few more loading screens than one that doesn’t interest you.

I believe the most popular packs overall tend to be seasons, get together, city living, country living and discover university. But perhaps go watch some YouTube videos and see which ones appeal to you. I would say they are all worth sale price, different people will get different value from different packs. I personally have played city living, seasons, high school years and actually parenthood probably the most.

Generally you’ll just find a new place to live and a certain lifestyle for your sims in most expansion and even game packs so get the one that interests you, be it living on an island or being a celebrity or vampire or policeman or just having a family.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on