Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living townie question

If I put Lavina and Rahul Chopra in a house, will they still do their usual duties as Mayor judging the contests and be the delivery boy, respectively?

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Good question I was wondering this too I've always been too scared to move an NPC with an important task in the game, because I heard if you move the premade mermaids in houses new ones spawn which has happened in my game. Like the magic teachers, if you move them to a house do you get new magic teachers spawn in the magic training lot? What about Santa Claus??? Can you move him into a house or will he lose his job to some ugly skinny random townie Santa. :anguished:
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited December 2021
    MCCC took them out of HOB to San Myshuno in my game (against what I would have wanted) and the game generated a new mayor and delivery person. I moved the Chopras back to HOB and changed their wardrobes, because the new NPC's were wearing the assigned outfits.

I also play Morgyn Ember and the game just generated a new Sage to take his place in the Magic Realm.

I think, if you make any special duty NPC playable, they lose their role and a new NPC is generated to take it.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »
    MCCC took them out of HOB to San Myshuno in my game (against what I would have wanted) and the game generated a new mayor and delivery person. I moved the Chopras back to HOB and changed their wardrobes, because the new NPC's were wearing the assigned outfits.

I also play Morgyn Ember and the game just generated a new Sage to take his place in the Magic Realm.

I think, if you make any special duty NPC playable, they lose their role and a new NPC is generated to take it.

I love Morgan too. I want to move him into a house. I guess it's okay I can just customize the new NPC if I don't like him.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »

I love Morgan too. I want to move him into a house. I guess it's okay I can just customize the new NPC if I don't like him.

In my previous save, which is the prequel to this one, I had all three Sages pulled out and playable. Unfortunately, Simeon and L. didn't survive to this save. Since I wanted them as characters, it didn't matter who was handling the duties in The Realm, so I have just been letting the game deal with it. It's actually rotating through a few groups of Sages. I guess they work in shifts. :smiley:
  • Options

I guess it takes multiple Sims to do their jobs they were just too great at it. :smiley:

I always rename L. to Laura in every save. That's her name in all my games now lol.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited December 2021
    you should be able to move the chopras and thet keep their jobs as long as you don't play them. Strange about thm losing their status if they moved to another town. Mccc has married Lavinia plenty of times and she has lived in another town and still been the mayor.
  • Options
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    you should be able to move the chopras and thet keep their jobs as long as you don't play them. Strange about thm losing their status if they moved to another town. Mccc has married Lavinia plenty of times and she has lived in another town and still been the mayor.

I didn’t even realize they were gone until my sim met another mayor. Not sure what happened there.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I wish there was a setting on MCCC to somehow manage who stays and who moves out during a move. It's random at this point. I've had Judith Ward move out of her huge mansion to dinky house in Strangerville or run down apartment in San Myshuno after marriage. I thought it would be a good idea that whichever sim has the most simoleons gets to stay put and their partner moves in with them.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited December 2021
    It could be useful to have a list of special NPCs across all packs to know which one we can safely delete, play, etc. in a new game.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    If you want the same ones to always be Mayor, etc, try this: Take the sim in question into CAS via a cheat or cheat dialog and save them to your library before they get moved out or altered. When a new Mayor, etc is generated, take them into CAS. Put your recently added sim from the library into the same CAS as the newly generated sim. Change the name of your recently added sim to be the same as the generated sim. Delete the generated sim. Go back into the game. Now you will have the same sim you are used to seeing, just with a different name.

I do not know if taking them back into CAS and changing the name back to what their name used to be will work. If you try, let us know if it works to change the name, too. I have not tried that, yet.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I wish there was a setting on MCCC to somehow manage who stays and who moves out during a move. It's random at this point. I've had Judith Ward move out of her huge mansion to dinky house in Strangerville or run down apartment in San Myshuno after marriage. I thought it would be a good idea that whichever sim has the most simoleons gets to stay put and their partner moves in with them.

You can set households as ancestral which keeps them (or a descendant) in their home.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »

You can set households as ancestral which keeps them (or a descendant) in their home.

yep. i keep forgetting about that setting. haha. thanks