Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood refresh ideas

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Lemonade stand

neg_limonada.jpg

Bake stand

maxresdefault.jpg

Treehouse building

ccfe1e3c03dfc54582e70c72bb762dc5.jpg

Go Kart restoration

photo.jpg

Bike restoration

dad-and-son-fixing-bicycles-in-garage-TW3Y8B.jpg

New life stage: Pre-teens (also as BG update)

tumblr_o4m29kLVEQ1tjrolto3_1280.png

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited September 2021
    Curious. What would preteen Sims do that are different from kid or teen Sims?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Parenthood is one of my favourite packs but I would like the options for parents to choose whether certain types of behaviours are good or bad. Let's have an anarchic family that punishes kids for doing homework or being nice to people, as well as the traditional option.

I would also really like the option, when the game brings up the option to affect the trait, to see what the kid's current level is in that trait, because if you have 2 kids in a family and want them to have different parenthood traits, it can be hard to manage.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

From kids:
    • First love (now as official)
    • Body sliders (limited than teens)
    • Body hair
    • Acne like in TS2 (besides a CAS option)
    • More voice options (due puberty)
    • Maybe an additional trait

From teens:
    • New interactions between pre-teens
    • More after school activities
    • New part time jobs
    • New skills maybe?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Bicycles for children and toddlers and those little toddler cars. Play footie with toddlers. Teach toddlers to swim. Take babies and toddlers out in a buggy or sledge.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd also love more childhood aspirations, and some teen specific aspirations.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited September 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »

From kids:
    • First love (now as official)
    • Body sliders (limited than teens)
    • Body hair
    • Acne like in TS2 (besides a CAS option)
    • More voice options (due puberty)
    • Maybe an additional trait

From teens:
    • New interactions between pre-teens
    • More after school activities
    • New part time jobs
    • New skills maybe?

I may sound a bit like a downer here, but if Spa Day is any example, then I'm not sure something like a new life stage as major as Pre-teens would be added, I could see it as an update, but a huge update.. that means, new clothes, voices, personality etc. Anything is possible, but I just think that something that major would've been a priority, much like cars from the get go.. we're about, 6 years into the game now? if I have that right, I think instead for a refresh they should focus on some of the stuff listed like, first love, acne as a development stage & acne cream, & I'd like to see a puberty development option, focusing on some key gameplay expansion & personalities, with some added fun stuff.. maybe instead of adding smaller teens, instead improve on the current ones.. maybe a height adjustment? making teens slightly shorter? as an option? doesn't have to be major necessarily, yeah part time jobs, after school activities etc & definitely a prom, along with prom wear added, maybe a school building as part of the refresh, along with private schools again, sneaking out, so many ideas, but yeah. And I think they really should consider improved babies, something people have been talking about as well.

Maybe a preschool for tots

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.9Q6g29F84rnr29eDtFPfjwHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    A Family game night option
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3XY-OXWn3CEIIm9JhKN3tQHaE4%26pid%3DApi&f=1Pets included :)
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Gp9_kiL2mrjJxjsfZMgD0AHaDt%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    Teen Hangout
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.js6FD542q0TzopIh7wP1VAHaJw%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._COncQUoZqBYrzhT8bJ8fgHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.1sSew_YdV_tAHPDe83bPFgHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Parenthood needs to become Generations like in Sims 3 Generations. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'd rather not have preteens i already feel like we could just have that via teen and child lifestages and there is no reason to make it a whole lifestage.

they should just do better acne, voice, body hair and first love stuff for teens.

and the more kiddy stuff for kids

and after school activities both kids and teens need more

but well as for additions my brain comes up with:

•ballet after school activity (teens and kids)
    (sims can also dance ballet as hobby and don't randomly forget they ever did it once they grow up *grumpy look at ts3*)
    • strollers and carriers for the babies and toddlers
    •updated babies for base but some more baby stuff for here like outfits and furnitures and items to use with baby
    • prom for teens and oh please let me go there this time without random rabbit hole... then again its not like we have any lot type that really suits it yet so like maybe i just wish for too much here :disappointed:
    • slow dancing for the prom but it should very much be base game tho
    •private schools to send your rich genius kids to (id like it more with ts2 headmaster nonsense too)
    • treehouse yeah thats one i miss from ts3
    • those springy ride thingies from generations be fun too
    • sleepovers with all kinds of sleeping on floor options like sleeping bags and futons tho those could be more of snowy escape thing too...
    •board games (though again reminds me more of get together)
    • more teen wear. like okay not limited to teens but they do tend to try out some more fun alternative or trendy stuff at that age and i miss the ts2 style teen wear but maybe thats just showing my age huh.
    • sneaking out
    • home alone thing where rest of the family goes for vacation
    • nanny part time job update so it can be played as active thing... what better way to gain the parenting skill early than going to existing household to look after their kids while they are away
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Special interactions for occult families and new occult child activities.
  • Options
    MwmwmwMwmwmw Posts: 1 New Member
    I would LOVE to see more interaction with babies. I know they only stay in that stage, but (in my opinion) it's ridiculous that they can't even be taken out of their bassinet. And can we talk about how there aro no furniture for babies?

When you have a baby in real life there are TONS of thing that you can have (and some of them actually need), like changing tables, bouncer, stroller (that way you can actually travel with your baby, go to deferent lots without having to leave them behind), baby bathtub (we don't even have a "clean baby" interaction), baby monitor (maybe we could have as decoration, think how cute that would be) etc.
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    Maybe for the child sims, adding a mini pre-teen stage? but not too obvious, where it seems like they have to incorporate new bodies, but instead.. maybe as child sims get close to their birthday, maybe a slight height growth? voice changes, still keeping things the same.. but with slightly updated changes, if it's possible to program it that way. & Yeah, more added activities centered around those growth milestone changes, rollerblading, biking, maybe a Sims version of Tik Tok, (even though that's a bit beyond my generation & not my thing) but still, more Simstagram related stuff, pranks. Stuff like that.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2021
    This is what I thought.

There’s still a lot of stuff missing for kids and teens to do. Another life stage doesn’t mesh. Unless they do a major revamp. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I would love kids to be able to arrange sleepovers. Teens to be able to act up more.
    I really like the idea of family game nights. A Simlish version of charades or something?

I hope they fix the teens being the same height as young adults!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I want ALL OF THE THINGS!!!
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    More sentiments between family members would be great.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I am not so sure about pre-teens, we need more stuff for teens to do, not divide them into another life stage. I like your other suggestions though.
  • Options
    M3LLYCHANM3LLYCHAN Posts: 1 New Member
    One thing I'd really like to see is afterschool events for Kids/Teens like the drama club/scouts.. But I'd like to be able to go to some of the events similar to a job. Some could be continuous and even create more jobs that you could only get from YEARS of training to boost skill :)

KIDS EVENTS

Kids having access to more Adult skills like Dance, Fitness, and new traits that start from childhood!

Ballet
    **Continuous event for practices and occasional recitals that would increase the level of Dance/Ballet Skill (for example a certain level of Cooking Skill> Gourmet Cooking Skill. So, level 5 Dance Skill>up to level 5 Ballet Skill )
    *Cute items and clothes like ballet costume, ballet shoes, jewelry box with ballerina
    *Extra- During recitals family can also travel with the kid to watch and boosts event goal.
    *Traits- Graceful, Brat

Sports
    **Continuous event for practices and occasional games/tournaments that would increase the level of Motor/Athlete Skill (Level 5 Motor> Athelete skill up to level 5) GAMES COULD ALSO BE A MINIGAME WITHIN THE SIMS
    *Some items - Kiddy basketball hoop, Soccer/ Street hockey goal. Soccer mom cooler,
    *Extra- During games family can also travel with the kid to watch and boosts event goal.
    *Traits- Competitive (sore loser), Team Player (similar to outgoing)

Babysitting
    *Parents can schedule and pay for a kid to stay at a babysitters (order it on phone like pizza), where the kid can get their homework done/eat after school (all needs move to happy). 40$imoleons an hour per kid depending on how long and more if the kid needs to eat

TEEN EVENTS

Ballet
    **Continuous event for practices and occasional recitals that would increase the level of Dance/Ballet Skill (for example a certain level of Cooking Skill> Gourmet Cooking Skill. So, level 5 Dance Skill>up to level 10 Ballet Skill )
    *Cute items and clothes like ballet costume, ballet shoes, jewelry box with ballerina
    *Extra- During recitals family can also travel with the kid to watch and boosts event goal.
    *Traits- Graceful, Brat

Sports
    **Continuous event for practices and occasional games/tournaments that would increase the level of Fitness/Athlete Skill (Level 3 Fitness> Athelete skill up to level 10*) GAMES COULD ALSO BE A MINIGAME WITHIN THE SIMS (Athlete skill helps get promoted in athlete career)
    *Some items - Kiddy basketball hoop, Soccer/ Street hockey goal. Soccer mom cooler, soccer shoes, hockey stick
    *Extra- During games family can also travel with the kid to watch and boosts event goal.
    *Traits- Competitive (sore loser), Team Player (similar to outgoing)

PROM- %70 finished Teen Age
    ** One time event that is NOT a rabbit hole, with other teens in the world appearing at a generic lot venue (idk maxis can make an event building or something for prom, or it could be a gym with a stage that could be shared with the ballet venue)
    *Event goals - Have a Date(achieved before the event), Socialize, Dance, Vote for prom king and queen, eat food , try to get elected as king/queen - (winners get sash and crowns
    *Items/Clothes- more gowns, I'm thinking like 00's prom or quinceanara options, corsages, prom queen/king crowns and sash,

GRADUATION PARTY 90% Finished Teen Age

** One time event that is NOT a rabbit hole, can invite guests to any venue or home lot. Basically a house party that requires at least 4 other teen FRIENDS invited.
    ** Achieving gold will have physical graduation cap in decorated variants that give *nostalgia* happy mood boost in adulthood

I think it would be awesome if items received from events in childhood would give a happy mood boost if adults interacted with them as an adult
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited September 2021
    I honestly would like a few things for the Kiddos

Activities & Interactions
    • Jumping on the Bed
      the-sims-2-family-fun-stuff-20060317035933564-1443627.jpg
    • Graduations & Graduation Parties
      00144964.jpg
    • Private School Uniforms
      MTS_Phaenoh-661841-PrivateSchoolGirls.jpg
    • Bring Back the Headmaster and the Placement Interview. A bit of difficulty never hurt gameplay
      Get-a-Child-or-Teen-Into-Private-School-in-Sims-2-Step-8.jpg
    • Sims 2 Weddings tend to operate better
      the-sims-2-celebration-stuff-10.jpg
    • Better Proposals, Wedding Limo and Honeymoon like in Sims 2
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFzaJgHzy8E&t=1s

Build/Buy
    • More Themed Children's Decor for Bedrooms and play areas
      00150642.jpg
    • Sims 2 & 3 had some of the prettiest wedding arches & Wedding things
      MTS_NausAllien-1634952-Screenshot-86.jpg
      WeddingArch.jpg
      Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    I don't think there should be pre-teens, just add stuff for kids and teens. I also wouldn't want a 'prom' event, it's so American.
  • Options
    SimSoon wrote: »
    I don't think there should be pre-teens, just add stuff for kids and teens. I also wouldn't want a 'prom' event, it's so American.

And quinceañera for latin american sims
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    PARENTHOOD GP REFRESH
    • 1. Change the “Ugh! I hate my family” moodlet (from a negative upbringing to a Life long Sentiment (will stay the same if you don’t work on it ex. through therapy = possibilities for reconciliation!)
    • 2. Tune down the Making a mess action (kids). They should also stop this autonomous behavior when they reach Responsible status. It’s repetitive with cleaning up colors from the floor! Maybe there can be other “disobedient” actions added?
    • 3. More best friends (Which kid should I choose?)
    • 4. Kids can have Positive / Negative / Neutral childhood with consequences (Parents can feel guilt if their kid get a Negative childhood)
    • 5. Improved pregnancies (Visitable hospitals / Surrogacy machine + DNA donator for single or Gay sims that want to have a child!)
    • 6. NEW FEATURE: PARENT GOALS & FEARS
    • 7. DEPTH TO UPBRINGING RELATIONSHIPS (consequences!)
    • 8. An easy cheat to get a specific Upbringing relationship (sometimes your story start in adulthood!)
    • 9. Parenthood Traits showing in the Sim Info Panel +through Get To Know interaction
    • 10. A Memory system (long time memories)
    MEMORY SYSTEM SIMS 4
    MTS_DiLight-1487502-6YVMaeidbFI.jpg
    • Green X = Positive sentiments / events
    • Red X = Angry / Negative sentiments / events
    • Yellow X = Embarrassed sentiment / event
    • Blue X = Sad sentiments / events
    • Brown X = Redefined memories
      (earlier positive memory that has changed temporarily after gaining a negative sentiment)

Sims remember their memories and will at random get a moodlet with the memory (Memory Moodlet)
    (eg. "Simsis was born") that have the same buff as back then (e.g. “+1 happy”).
    This moodlet will give them the interaction share memory with other sims that are included in the memory (e.g. parents can share a memory of a child birth). This will make the other sim remember = trigger their memory moodlet.

Redefined memories = sims will get a Negative moodlet (tensed/sad/angry) when remembering these memories. The Redefined memories will turn back into Positive memories when the negative sentiment disappears.

NEW FEATURE: PARENT GOALS & FEARS
    A. Parents / Grandparents can set Goals / Fears for their Kids / Grandkids (Toddler-Teen)
    B. Authoritative Parents / Grandparents (Punishing parent / Commanding Prescence / Oh Captain, My Captain) can also set Goals / Fears for Adult kids / Grandkids (YA-Elder)
    C. Sims react unique to fulfilling their parents Goals / Fears depending on the upbringing relationship (ex. Repressed Child = want to revolt).

Examples on Parent Goals / Fears:
    -Get a specific Degree
    -Get a specific Job / Salary
    -Marry a specific sim (Rich / Famous / Gender / Career)
    -Get a child
    -Earn certain amount of money
    -Get famous (4 star level)
    -Max a certain skill

DEPTH TO UPBRINGING RELATIONSHIPS
    Upbringing relationships (ex. Mommy dearest / Family Frenemy) unlock unique Interactions / Sentiments / Moodlets through life.

Examples.
    Passive parents / Unhelpful parent
    Negative / Neutral relationship + No discipline
    A. Can feel Guilty (sentiment / moodlet) when their kids are grown up
    B. Sims with an Passive / Unhelpful parent can put Guilt on the parent when having a negative moodlets (decrease the moodlet + relationship)

Punishing parent / Commanding Presence / Oh Captain, My Captain
    Authoritative Parent = A lot of Discipline
    A. Can set Parent Goals / Fears for their adult kids (YA-Elder)
    B. Can put Guilt on their kids when having a negative moodlets (decrease the moodlet + relationship)

Repressed child (From: Negative relationship + Authoritative Parent)
    Want to revolt against the parent and do the opposite!
    A. Get Tensed moodlets / sentiments if they follow their Parents Goals
    B. Get a Confident moodlet if fulfill the Parents Fear (“No one can control me!”)

Obedient child (From: Neutral relationship + Authoritative Parent)
    Afraid of consequences if defies parent!
    A. Get Tensed moodlets / sentiments if not following Parents Goals
    B. Get Scared moodlets / sentiments if fulfill a Parents Fear

Respected Heir (From: Positive relationship + Authoritative Parent)
    Feeling of guilt if defies parent!
    A. Get Guilty sentiments if not following Parents Goals
    B. Get Guilty sentiments if fulfill a Parents Fear
    Post edited by carpe_diem on