Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plantsim Refresh?

Plantsims are definitely my favorite occult but I feel like the Sims 4 plantsims are lacking and could definitely use a refresh. I wouldn't mind if EA just adds the same features the Sims 2/ 3 plantsims. Also adding leafy/ flowery hair options because the green hair they have now isn't it. Another idea could be adding full body tattoos that resemble leaves, flowers and roots.

Some of my favorite features from past plantsims were spores of happiness, flower trail, three basic needs and being able to just plant yourself into the ground to photosynthesize.

Can't think of any new features that would be cool but maybe some other plantsim fans can chime in?

Comments

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2021
    johnny33 wrote: »
    Plantsims are definitely my favorite occult but I feel like the Sims 4 plantsims are lacking and could definitely use a refresh. I wouldn't mind if EA just adds the same features the Sims 2/ 3 plantsims. Also adding leafy/ flowery hair options because the green hair they have now isn't it. Another idea could be adding full body tattoos that resemble leaves, flowers and roots.

Some of my favorite features from past plantsims were spores of happiness, flower trail, three basic needs and being able to just plant yourself into the ground to photosynthesize.

Can't think of any new features that would be cool but maybe some other plantsim fans can chime in?

Plant sims have their own way of reproduction, instead of pregnancy, they just produce forbidden fruit seeds whiich they plant, grow and pick the fruit which has 50% chance to produce a plant sim baby, honestly I think it's pretty cool.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would love for a Base Refresh for the poor Plantsims. They need an actual lifestate with a copy to green form. :p
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I agree. They’re pretty bland and don’t offer much gameplay, and I’d like to be able to create them in CAS.
  • Options
    HimRumi wrote: »
    I agree. They’re pretty bland and don’t offer much gameplay, and I’d like to be able to create them in CAS.

Also make them permanent.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Plantsims were fun in TS3... why did they change them? Same with mermaids, but that's another topic.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

Plant sims have their own way of reproduction, instead of pregnancy, they just produce forbidden fruit seeds whiich they plant, grow and pick the fruit which has 50% chance to produce a plant sim baby, honestly I think it's pretty cool.

Is this true about the forbidden fruit plant? I thought you just pick it and eat it to become a plantsim?

So you might spawn a plant baby just by harvesting it?
  • Options
    ddd994 wrote: »

Is this true about the forbidden fruit plant? I thought you just pick it and eat it to become a plantsim?

In previous games maybe, but in Sims 4 if you eat the forbidden fruit you become a fake plant sim, since plant sims weren't a temporary life state in previous titles, you can't even reproduce the same way in Sims 4.
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes, I want them to come back like they were in previous games
  • Options
    johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »

@ddd994 In Sims 3 when you plant the forbidden fruit seed and its ready to harvest there are two options: "tend garden" or "pick forbidden fruit." I always get them mixed up but one option gives you the forbidden fruit that you can eat to become a PlantSim, the other option gives you a 50/50 chance of harvesting a PlantSim baby or forbidden fruit. Also plantsims in Sims 3 can't get pregnant but instead produce a forbidden fruit seed when they woohoo.

@temporalgod I agree, I would like to see the Sims 3 plantsim reproduction mechanics be added to the Sims 4 plantsim. The Sims 2 plantsim reproduction was too easy where you just shake your head and a plantsim baby appears.

Also would be a plus if we could create them in CAS and a bigger plus if they become permanent.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    If they rework plant sims, I think it would be lovely if they got several plant inspired hairstyles to choose from. Maybe, as they get older the hair could turn a yellowish/reddish hue and eventually thin out? A bit mean, but they are plant sims after all.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If they rework plant sims, I think it would be lovely if they got several plant inspired hairstyles to choose from. Maybe, as they get older the hair could turn a yellowish/reddish hue and eventually thin out? A bit mean, but they are plant sims after all.

Or have their hair change depending on seasons, I also have idea where they can also change physically into a permanent plant sim sub-species just by eating the fruit of Mother Plant or when they eat plasma fruit they resemble plasma fruit trees with those pinkish purple tron lines.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I would love to have them like ts2

and actual lifestate sims could turn into if they gardening too hardcore

which would be permanent until you give your sim a cure of some sort

and possible to make in cas

they should be able to reproduce on their own yes that was fun

and have some plant based powers

id also love if we could have variant with motherplant related thingies since we do have strangerville and all

they could have lovely motherplant inspired looks for the cas and unique interactions with motherplant... maybe they could even become the so called mother herself
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    have their hair change depending on seasons, I also have idea where they can also change physically into a permanent plant sim sub-species just by eating the fruit of Mother Plant or when they eat plasma fruit they resemble plasma fruit trees with those pinkish purple tron lines.
    I would love to have them like ts2

and actual lifestate sims could turn into if they gardening too hardcore

which would be permanent until you give your sim a cure of some sort

and possible to make in cas

they should be able to reproduce on their own yes that was fun

and have some plant based powers

id also love if we could have variant with motherplant related thingies since we do have strangerville and all

they could have lovely motherplant inspired looks for the cas and unique interactions with motherplant... maybe they could even become the so called mother herself

I see we have the same idea, great minds think alike and all that, however your version sounds way better.
  • Options
    Cosmetic update ideas

(adding onto what others have mentioned)

-Multiple floral hairstyles to choose from that change with the seasons to represent plantsims being one with nature. Spring: bright pastel color, summer: deeper/darker color, fall: red/orange color and winter: dark brown color (dormant). (Also having the option to opt out and customize hairstyles in any color in CAS for those who don't have seasons or don't want the feature)

-Plantsims having a trail wherever they walk to like in the Sims 3. Different options could be a flowery trail, green leafy trail and a brown roots trail. (Also have a toggle off option for those who don't want the feature)

-Full body tattoos: they can resemble flowers, leaves or roots. Also a neat feature would be the tattoos changing colors with the seasons along with their floral hair.

-Having floral accessories like necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. would be neat. Might be too much work to get a full plantsim wardrobe but being able to accessorize plantsims with small plants here and there could make up for it.

-plantsim tombstone- I couldn't find if plantsims already have a custom tombstone but other occults do so yeah having a custom gravestone would be a neat addition.
  • Options
    Plantsim powers ideas

(adding onto what others have mentioned)

-Flower kisses that function as "spells." Plantsims could blow a "flower kiss" at a targeted sim. I don't have much ideas other than the targeted sim becoming a plantsim or the flower kiss acting as a love charm or poison.

-Spores area of effect power. It could raise the needs or alter emotions of sims in the plantsims' radius while it drains the plantsims' energy need.

-Being able to mass garden, plantsims could have an area of effect power where they talk to all plants and automatically weed/ water/ fertilize them. This can drain their energy need.

-Plantsims themselves could be a fertilizer ... they can fertilize plants themselves and act as a perfect level fertilizer. Doing so drains their energy need.

-Plantsims can automatically evolve and grow plants but it drains a large chunk of their energy need doing so.

-Plantsims can act as a sprinkler and water plants in their proximity. Doing so drains their water need and using this power without any plants nearby could result in them creating water puddles which they can absorb back.

-Plantsims could transform into a tree and "hibernate." Their motives freeze and all plants in the area will not need to be watered or weeded and they evolve faster.

-A fun animation could be having the plantsim talk to all plants in their proximity and maybe having a sing along party (I've recently rewatched Alice in Wonderland).

I pretty much want plantsims to be OP gardeners which I think would fit them nicely.