Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storing Oversized Crops

KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
Question regarding crops…
If I harvest them on a Wednesday, will they still be fresh/same quality until the Fair on Saturday if kept in my inventory?

Comments

• Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2021
    You can put them in the fridge
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2021
    KHS12 wrote: »
    If I harvest them on a Wednesday, will they still be fresh/same quality until the Fair on Saturday if kept in my inventory?

They last about a week in the fridge if you put them away immediately. I think the quality is stable, but I'm not sure.

The other option is just to pick your best one on the day of the fair, and smaller ones when you are ready to cook or can them.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

They last about a week in the fridge if you put them away immediately. I think the quality is stable, but I'm not sure.

The other option is just to pick your best one on the day of the fair, and smaller ones when you are ready to cook or can them.

Yes my plan was to simply keep them planted and continue watering/weeding till the day of the Fair!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,434 Member

Yes my plan was to simply keep them planted and continue watering/weeding till the day of the Fair!

My plants died after not harvesting them for a while.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

My plants died after not harvesting them for a while.

Oh good to know!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Mine have lasted indefinitely in the fridge and 15 days in the inventory.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I've currently got 3 oversized pumpkins in my fridge, all of which are perfect quality. I checked when they spoil, and it said 17 days. Just in the nick of time too, as the oversized crop fair is in 16 days lol.

I wonder if the quality of the produce has anything to do with how long they'll last if refrigerated?
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.