Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Oh no, my mooooods. :U

Hope we get a lot of good glitch fixes and no new glitches arise from the patch. Especially the stair bug and the gardening bug.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,895 Member
    Not sure if it's anything more than the Sims Sessions festival update.
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I’m just happy that open staircases finally got fixed.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Lucky me - I have just been playing vanilla the last while.
    Wonder if it's time to declutter the mods folder lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I kinda hoped they were going to give us some festival themed make up and accessories but I don't see any word about it so I guess we didn't get any. Which is kind of weird honestly.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Thank goodness they fixed gardening!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Is gardening actually fixed or is it another one where they say it is but it still keeps occurring? Started a brand new vanilla no mods game yesterday and the sims still wash dishes in the bathroom, which was 'fixed' a few months ago.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Oh no, my mooooods. :U

Hope we get a lot of good glitch fixes and no new glitches arise from the patch. Especially the stair bug and the gardening bug.

Looks like both were fixed according to the patch notes -- now I can put back lilsimsie's remodel of the Foxbury Commons for my future university students.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2021
    Warning this update has broken the UI system among other things I have not yet found.
    All areas of every section or town in game have a green border around them and a blue square in a circle that does nothing I can find.
    CAS has no ui at all right now. And exiting the game is mot easy, unless you use Task Manager.

My Strong advise is do not update early like I foolishly did.

I'll post again once I find out more through searching and dumping more mods that seem broken yet again.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,895 Member
    @shorty943p I've not experienced any issues since updating. Have you removed all your mods?
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    not all but the main Error file is stable, this is purely UI errors.

For users to peruse. I will post the full file to the Maxis bug site.

Extracted from the ingame UI Error report, not easy to read for some I know but simple enough to see the locations of the errors in MAXIS code. Mod code errors tell the folder and file of the mod giving the trouble.

And I KNOW, I do not have a Drive T in my machine, that is a phantom zipped drive Maxis use to play the ingame scripting.

1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.GameEntry.Neighborhood.controls::StreetClip</categoryid><desyncid>89bd865e7d8ea32560dbd7f5</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: GetActiveLiveFestivalEvent is not a function. at widgets.GameEntry.Neighborhood.controls::StreetClip/SetupStreetTag

This error is repeated again and again for every town and neighborhood.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>89bd865e7d8ea32560dbd7f5</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 02:35:59</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.controls::CASSimSelectorCellView</categoryid><desyncid>89bd865e7d8ea32560dbd7f5</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function.
    widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain<
    widgets.CAS.controls::CASSimSelectorCellView/UpdateTooltips
    Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function.
    ClientInfo isn't here

And CAS is riddled with errors that make the whole thing useless and non functional.

This was also AFTER removing the only CAS mod I use a mod to increase the number of CAS colunms I see in game.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @shorty943p your game may be corrupt. You might need to "rebuild" it (forget the formal term). Remove all your mods, delete the localthumbcache.package, avatarcache.package, and any last exception files.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @shorty943p your game may be corrupt. You might need to "rebuild" it (forget the formal term). Remove all your mods, delete the localthumbcache.package, avatarcache.package, and any last exception files.

I think a "clean folder install" might help:
    1. Backup your saves and Tray folders
    2. Change the name of your The Sims 4 folder in Documents to a different name (Sims 4 Old or something similar)
    3. Start the game; it'll generate a new The Sims 4 folder
    4. Start a new game and see if you're still having the graphical issues; you can exit without saving
    5. Delete the saves and Tray folders from the new folder and replace them with your backups
    6. Reopen the game and check your save(s)
    7. If everything looks fine, you can now delete the Sims 4 Old folder in Documents; hold off on reinstalling mods till they've been cleared as okay
    8. If you're still having issues you may have corrupted saves and I'm not sure how to deal with those other than to start new ones :/

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)