Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel?

Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
With the packs coming out left and right these days I’ve seen a bit of upset on Twitter about the fast and frequent pack releases. Biggest reason being lack of time to enjoy new content and bugs. I’m wondering how everyone here feels about packs being released so often for summer of sims?

Myself? I love new content and the idea of more isn’t going to upset me and I take forever to play through packs anyway. However bugs are a bit of an issue for many right now. I have some that are annoyances and some that I’ve had to restart or repair my game for. I guess my wish is that they’d slow down and give their QA team time to catch up. I don’t think they were thinking DHD was going to be so buggy. For me I’ve only had a few minor issues with the pack but others have issues that make the career unplayable. So I can see how issues were missed in testing and they do seem to be rushed right now. I guess my hope is the new pack release goes okay whenever it happens and that at least a new patch fixes some of the issues going on. I’d imagine new EP won’t be out till at least the first week of July which gives them some time before the pre patch to fix problems. I just worry it’s going to get worse before it gets better with this amount of content being released so close together.

How about everyone else?

Comments

• Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I’m in agreement with you - love that there’s new content, but wish they would slow down enough to fix bugs. It’s great to have deadlines, but since releases aren’t tied to any calendar schedule the way movie releases are, who would really care if a pack came out June 1 vs June 15? I’m just glad DHD only bugged its own content and didn’t break all the CC.

It feels like they got an influx of pandemic related new players and are using a lot of that cash to create new packs while the new round of players is still excited and putting tons of hours into the game before setting it aside for 6 months never to touch it.
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    I understand being frustrated about bugs, and they definitely need to take some time to address them. But I absolutely love new content, it helps keep the game fresh and also helps keep my legacies with more things to do! I do feel they need to have a better system for checking bugs though. Ehem *coughs*, I am available, EA/Maxis Team..at no cost!

I don't own Dream Home Decorator yet, I'm thinking of waiting for a sale and this is something I rarely do as I always try to buy on day of release, but after the pack that was released that we won't talk about; and then Snowy Escape (due to the fact of the lack-luster game-play), I'm just seeing as of late, more and more packs releasing with barely anything in them and while I still love the idea of DHD and all the buy objects, I was really hoping for game-play outside of the career for the other Sims I play that wouldn't want to do the career, because.. I feel that may become repetitive after sometime. And then of course, with all the reports of bugs, I've decided to wait it out a little.

I heard that EA Play was going to be out sometime in July. Maybe after Fourth of July, instead of it's regular schedule in June, so I'm thinking the pack may not come until Late July. So, we'll have to see, hopefully they can get a patch out before then that addressing the issues that have been created and I might consider buying it then, or still waiting for a sale.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    I like the release schedule but I agree that bugs are an issue and that the team is struggling to catch up. I'm not sure anything could be done about it though. They broke open stairs in November last year and it's been six months now and they haven't been fixed.

So I'm not sure a slower release schedule is going to improve much except that we will maybe see less bugs for new packs. I think that's part of a larger issue they have though when it comes to quality assurance and bug fixing and we who are playing their game have not seen much improvement there except the laundry list and sims 411.

I'm hoping that Maxis opening new studios could help in this area because whatever people they have working on this right now is not enough.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nope! Bring on more content! I love it!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm mostly just annoyed that I haven't gotten any content that I'm interested in since January.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    None of the packs that have came out this year interest here I'm wishing for something of value to be put out I still can't believe that abomination they call a game pack that just came out. I've never been one to have to complete and buy everything I can imagine those low on funds that have to might be annoyed but as long as its quality content I would not mind its obviously not though.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Personally, I think the new devs are trying to make up for lost time. The old devs have been dragging their heels, so the new devs are beginning to speed things up.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I wish there was a balance of new contect and fixes. I play vanilla and though I've played with mods in the past I stopped using them because I got tired of having to constantly update them. I wish I didnt feel the need to want to get a mod to fix bugs or glitches. We shouldn't have to. They need to catch up and fix things. As nice as new content can be for any game, one must make sure its working properly and the consumer doesn't need to seemingly depend on outside sources to fix things. It makes them look bad when things get bad.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2021
    Akl500P wrote: »
    With the packs coming out left and right these days I’ve seen a bit of upset on Twitter about the fast and frequent pack releases. Biggest reason being lack of time to enjoy new content and bugs. I’m wondering how everyone here feels about packs being released so often for summer of sims?

Myself? I love new content and the idea of more isn’t going to upset me and I take forever to play through packs anyway. However bugs are a bit of an issue for many right now. I have some that are annoyances and some that I’ve had to restart or repair my game for. I guess my wish is that they’d slow down and give their QA team time to catch up. I don’t think they were thinking DHD was going to be so buggy. For me I’ve only had a few minor issues with the pack but others have issues that make the career unplayable. So I can see how issues were missed in testing and they do seem to be rushed right now. I guess my hope is the new pack release goes okay whenever it happens and that at least a new patch fixes some of the issues going on. I’d imagine new EP won’t be out till at least the first week of July which gives them some time before the pre patch to fix problems. I just worry it’s going to get worse before it gets better with this amount of content being released so close together.

How about everyone else?

Annoyed. I also don’t like this view of having to “play through” a pack. The sims is not a game you strive to complete, in fact, I make sure my games last years, in real time.

I think this a big problem with why they’re pumping out content like they do.

—T
    Post edited by To7m on
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually think the faster release schedule is better because not all players want the same content or want to buy it right upon release. Since there are different types of playstyles, I think it's better to know when multiple types of content will be available rather than going one at a time. They used to release teasers that hinted at multiple upcoming packs so it isn't a new approach.

I 100% agree that they should have an active QA team both before release and as needed, after release. I don't think it should be an either/or scenario since this is a AAA gaming company with a large budget working with an established product. If anything, I'd say hire more people and keep up the pace while increasing quality.

I know that when they just release one pack at a time, there becomes a hyper focus on it and players who aren't interested in that pack get frustrated. I think it's better to give people an idea of what to expect. They are probably limited by rules around competition. I'm guessing that they have to make sure that their copyright protections are very solid before releasing information about packs.

Anyway, I like knowing about a season of different content at a time.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I haven't bought a New pack since Realm of Magic.
    Nothing interests me either... Except the Courtyard Oasis Kit.

I'm unaffected by their fast paced schedule. I personally don't see how constant releases should dictate a time and place when you should buy, play, and enjoy a pack. I feel there should always be satisfaction for any given pack anytime I play, I still enjoy playing Get to Work, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, every time I open the game. (Although I Wish I was enjoying Get Famous, Dine Out and Vintage Glamour a little bit more.)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I agree in part. I want the next pack but would like a few month's breathing space until the next ones come out. I'm just wondering if they want to bring this all out before something else or a rival coming out later in the year.
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I like fast and frequent! Not everyone enjoys every pack and according to EA the ones that buy all packs are a minority. I don't see glitches in my game either. ( lucky me :) )
    My personal belief is that a new game is around the corner and they want to finish up what they have going before an announcement. The "8 more years of content" I take with a grain of salt. The same comments were made with Sims 3 and not long after we got an announcement of a new game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For some it may be frustrating if they are experiencing bugs from previous packs that EA/Maxis has yet to address. I have not played Sims 4 for quite some time so I have not experienced any of the frustration felt as Sims 4 is not my cup of tea. EA/Maxis does not address the bugs that affect some customers most and so for me it shows profits matter more than some customers wishes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    They really need to quash the gardening bug before Cottage Living is released or it'll bomb!
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2021
    EA relies on modders to fix bugs. Most bugs they just ignore and keep plowing ahead.

Have no problems with their release schedule, just problems with release quality; and the required new updates creating yet more bugs for them to ignore and rely on modders to sort out.

EA not fixing their own bugs would be the gist of this presentation.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I think that the new content is really great and I am mostly happy with the integrity of it. I try not to be over critical about the playability of the new packs and prefer to just just enjoy the content, but that's just me.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don’t mind either way. I’m not a pack binger and I don’t rush through gameplay.

The reason they release packs so often is because:
    • Biggest Sims player base ever with different needs/wants.
    • This is binge culture.
    • Folks are impatient because they have the attention span of a shoelace.

What Maxis needs though is better quality control and a bigger team on bug fixing.
    Other than I’d say keep listening to that fan base and keep them packs coming. 🤷🏻‍♂️