Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The gallery is broken?

I've seen some old forum posts about the gallery not loading any items and everything is X'd out. I haven't been playing for a while and just recently reinstalled the game. I previously deleted everything that I used to have. I'm wondering if my gallery is messed up now because of that? I've done the usual steps that are suggested. I even went and unfollowed everyone that I was following on the gallery and it still isn't working. I'm running out of ideas of what to do. Any help would be much appreciate <3

Comments

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    The gallery seems to be working on my end. But, I have had what you describe happen to me on several occasions. I could never figure out what the issue stemmed from, tbh. It eventually works itself out, usually not the same day though.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Have you tried restarting the game?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited May 2021
    It's most likely due to your anti virus blocking it. You have to add both the sims and origin as an exception. There's a tutorial on how to do that online. I'll see if I can find it and then I'll edit it in.
    Edit: here's the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    About gallery issues I have a problem right now occurring too, which I can't really understand because I didn't download anything from the gallery.

I wanted to create a new sim and test out the new haircolors and I changed gender, randomized the sim 2-3 times and tweaked from there.. I didn't use any custom content or anything else and the gallery states my sim is originally from some person I didnt know or downloaded sims from before *apparently that simmer is very famous and uploads a lot of unique sims*
    How can this happen? Do the new added templates(that came with some patch recently(?)) "belong" to them or anything? I wonder why its tagged with her name. I did not put any Sim from gallery into CaS.. I just created a single sim in CaS and wanted to put it on the gallery. Never had this happen to me before.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    About gallery issues I have a problem right now occurring too, which I can't really understand because I didn't download anything from the gallery.

I wanted to create a new sim and test out the new haircolors and I changed gender, randomized the sim 2-3 times and tweaked from there.. I didn't use any custom content or anything else and the gallery states my sim is originally from some person I didnt know or downloaded sims from before *apparently that simmer is very famous and uploads a lot of unique sims*
    How can this happen? Do the new added templates(that came with some patch recently(?)) "belong" to them or anything? I wonder why its tagged with her name. I did not put any Sim from gallery into CaS.. I just created a single sim in CaS and wanted to put it on the gallery. Never had this happen to me before.

Maybe you've used "randomize from the gallery" button by mistake?
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Maybe you've used "randomize from the gallery" button by mistake?
    oh wow... I didn't even realize such button exists!.. that's probably it.. I should watch where my cursor goes, or start using my brain, lol.
    thank you :)

• Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Have you tried restarting the game?

Yeah, I've tried restarting, repairing, restarting my whole computer. The usual things.
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    It's most likely due to your anti virus blocking it. You have to add both the sims and origin as an exception. There's a tutorial on how to do that online. I'll see if I can find it and then I'll edit it in.
    Edit: here's the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695

I haven't tried this yet, I'll give it a go and let you know if it works. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    edited May 2021

2 of the exceptions I couldn't even add to the list but I at least added one. Let's see if that helps or not. Edit: I found the other two exceptions that I needed to add.
  • Options

OMG, that totally worked! Thank you for that suggestion cause that is the one thing I hadn't seen to help fix the problem. Geez, now I gotta try to re-follow some of the people I unfollowed cause I thought that might help lol.
  • Options
    KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Sometimes the gallery has issues showing the results, I don't have such like anti virus at times to check - just depends. I have found that sometimes when gallery has showing issues, clicking another area. Say, looking for Dogs. It's having issues showing, I search by household or cats, wait for load then go back to dogs search. Much of the time it works, other times I just decide to wait and try again later. Might be issues potentially with other ends moving tray files around for some reasons.