Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mandatory update origin!?!?

ughhh I was just forced to updated my origin account which caused my sims 4 game to automatically update... Two things, it did not allow me to play at all (without updating). I paid 500+ USD's on this game. I should never be forced to do anything to open and run my game. I did not want to update my game because EA and Maxis haven't discovered pest control. I do not like gaming platforms at all. Should have bought all CD's... Food for thought....

Comments

• Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2021
    That's how it is you have to update, if i were you i would backup your TS4 folder whenever you're done playing cos both the game and origin updates can corrupt your Game Saves, there's a Game Saves folder in there but better just backup the whole folder. Make sure to rename it so it doesn't conflict with the real folder. Don't leave it to chance and skip backing up either it only takes once, an Origin update drops and boom... your games gone, so always back up after you close. Unless something really bad happens then you just have to copy and paste the Game Saves into the Game Saves folder should they corrupt or disappear.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Unplug your PC from the internet. My primary TS4 installation stopped with university & I don't want to go any further with game breaking updates. I unplug before starting the game and it runs just fine. You still need to type in your password, but that's it. No Origin interference at all.