Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gem cutting !!!

okay I play sims and like to collect things specifically gems but whenever I cut them (using gem cutter) all I get is emerald cut and gem powder I did more than 4 cuts why is it not working ?

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Hmm. After 4 cuts you should be able to obtain Oval, etc. When you say "get", does that mean the options that come up on the gem cutting machine menu? I assume so. I've not really had this problem, sorry for being a bit useless, I've tried looking on the internet and not been able to find much...
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited October 2014
    Like any skill, you get more options with practice. Keep collecting and cutting - you'll get there.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I have a question. What is the purpose of the gem dust?
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I have a question. What is the purpose of the gem dust?

It's better to use gem dust than gems when creating elixirs. Sell your actual gems and make money! ;)

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    @Anmirla Thanks!! Nice avy btw :)
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    @Anmirla Thanks!! Nice avy btw :)

Thanks! She is a Vampire Wars character that I had a few years ago. I love her and she is my goal to recreate in TS4 when I finally buy it (and get a little CC stashed away)! >:)

• Options
    Lilly433Lilly433 Posts: 82 Member
    It took more than just cutting 4 gems to unlock the next cut for me, it seems to take a bit longer that way than paying for the cuts. Not sure if there's anything to support that but it just seems like that's the way it is..Like I don't think I unlocked the next until I cut 10 or so gems!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    With each cut you unlock, it takes more cuts to unlock the next cut. It's like skilling - it takes longer to make it to the next level. ;)
  • Options
    hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    I've never paid attention to exactly how many cuts it takes to get more, but every sim I've had just keep cutting gems eventually gets all the cuts.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I love the gem cutter. It gets more money and it may give you lots of money. I got 50,00 from it because I sold gems and other stuff like painting and smelt things.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Gem cutter is one of my favorite TS3 objects.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Mine too, especially for werewolves and witches since they can get lots of gems from from using their special abilities. (Hunting for the werewolves and conversion ritual for the witches.)
  • Options
    PersefenyPersefeny Posts: 7 New Member
    Anyone know the order of cut styles before you get to the heart? I just got to star & haven’t gotten crescent yet.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Persefeny wrote: »
    Anyone know the order of cut styles before you get to the heart? I just got to star & haven’t gotten crescent yet.

It's not related to cuts. Just collect 10 different kinds of gems.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2014 and a solution has been posted, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top