Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Um....

Ok yeah I didn't know how to title this but when you want a new Sim and you don't know what kind of Sim you want, what do you? I feel like I go back to the same old same old and I want to play but just can't make up my mind and stick with something. Any tips? I've tried recreating celebrities and I only stick with it for like a day and then I get annoyed with it.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’ve had this. When this happens what works for me is taking a break. Don’t force creativity. It’ll just burn you out and eventually you'll hate it. And when I’m on my breaks for days or weeks, I get ideas and just write them done on my note pad and come back to it
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    restyle premades to my liking,
    create premades from other sims games that are not in ts4
    or try out cas items i never use until there is fun ideas

if no fun ideas arrive while doing this i simply don't make new sims and play my existing ones
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

One thing I love to do is create an antithesis. If you have a type of sims that you use always go and create the antithesis. Even you can create your own antithesis. Try also combinations that you did not use before, you can have a good surprise with it ;)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    There is a challenge that is called "100 days creativity challenge". You're supposed to create a given sim every day (of course you can skip days when you can't play or you're not up to it).

I would play it this way:
    - create the given sim, play with him/her during that day.
    - tomorrow create another one and put him/her in the same save. When you play this last one, you should make him/her interact with the one you created the day before, with stories that relate to their cas characteristics.
    - Repeat it for 100 days.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You could play with celebrity from a different angle, like maybe become a celebrity chaser, get autographs and pictures of celebrities and sell for cash, be a photographer and invite only celebrities to model for your shots, become an obsessed fan to Judith Ward, start gossip and rumours, invite as many celebrities to your parties as possible, run a hottest spot in town restaurant, etc.
  • Options
    This might be a boring suggestion, but have you ever just tried the randomize option?
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Ok yeah I didn't know how to title this but when you want a new Sim and you don't know what kind of Sim you want, what do you? I feel like I go back to the same old same old and I want to play but just can't make up my mind and stick with something. Any tips? I've tried recreating celebrities and I only stick with it for like a day and then I get annoyed with it.

I use the new Story option to create a random sim. It asks you questions and generates a sim depending on your answers. Its interesting, and I've ended up with some unique sims I would not necessarily have created myself.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Randomize once for the sim and once for the name. Go!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

I use the new Story option to create a random sim. It asks you questions and generates a sim depending on your answers. Its interesting, and I've ended up with some unique sims I would not necessarily have created myself.

Cool! I'm going to add this to my "challenges" to-do list.

Rules:
    - create a sim with story mode
    - answer 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, pick last (10th) answer (without skipping any question)
    - complete the given aspiration, career and level up the given skills

For added challenge create and play with a family instead of only one sim.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Use a character sheet generator like this one? https://createarandomsim.com/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I play with all the premade families. The main reason I do this is cause each household is varied and a different experience.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    If you start a brand new game save you get an option to allow the game to help you out. You answer a few questions and then it generates a Sim for you, giving them a few skills to start out with. You are free, of course, to change the Sim in any way you desire, as in looks, gender, etc. You may wish to give it a try. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I am a rotational player so this doesn't happen to me much. I also rotate between saves to avoid getting burnt out on one sim or one sim type.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I would grab the first NPC I see, not change anything in CAS except perhaps adding more outfits, and then enjoy trying to learn to know this character that was not created by me. More fun would be to grab TWO single NPCs and start a family from there. If you adjust as much as a nose, you have lost - but makeup and facial hair can be changed if you can't play them as is ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've never paid attention to it before, but I've found the randomise from gallery feature pretty useful. It generates random sims who I wouldn't usually have chosen and because they're from the gallery they have individual looks and don't look like ugly townies
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I've never paid attention to it before, but I've found the randomise from gallery feature pretty useful. It generates random sims who I wouldn't usually have chosen and because they're from the gallery they have individual looks and don't look like ugly townies

I'm always worried about doing this in case I get Miss Linda or the other .. charming individuals .. of her ilk lol. It's also why I don't have MCCC set to pull from the gallery.

I don't make new sims often as most of mine are born in game. When I do, I use the Story feature. I have to make a conscious decision to select answers I wouldn't usually go for though or I still end up with the same kind of sims. And restrict myself to only changing parts of the random generated that I could in real life without surgery. Such as eyebrow shape or hair, but I won't change chin size for example.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Onverser, is that image in your siggy a sims image? Wow, that is beautiful!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just ask myself what is their role in my game. That's my number one rule, All sims have to have a purpose to exist in my world, and interact with my characters. Once I cover that I open CAS and begin, mess around a little.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've used the randomizer. Sometimes I pick a random number to be the number of times I'll click randomize. If I am not clicking with the sim, I keep randomizing until I see one that I find interesting.

I've also made a brief of details I'm looking for and viewed the sim production as a casting call.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Many times when I get a new pack, I will make a sim or household that fits the pack. For strangerville I made a military sim with military hair cut and clothes, gave him traits and aspirations to fit him. For realm of magic I made to 2 twin spell caster sister, but one with white hair the other with black, one with a dog, one with a cat, one spell caster,one a potion maker, gave them a special house.

Make a back story for you sims. Are they rich or poor, smart or goofy? What town are you going to put them in, has their family been there for 200 years or are they brand new to the town? Are they going to be a famous musician, or a Doctor, or own a special business? Decide before playing what kind of skills they are going to build. If all your sims cook, make one that goes to the grocery store and buys ready made food, orders pizza, or eats cereal, or better yet goes to all these ready made food places and takes out orders. Are they going to be an extrovert going to all the festivals, or a loner who prefers to stay home? Rotational play is fun for me.

Or take a look at the sims you have, and then choose a different facial and body features than the ones you currently have. Give them traits you wouldn’t normally give them.

Make a different household type than you have... a 3 -4 generation family, a single parent, a grandparent with grandchild, (make the parents then, delete them or put them in s separate household as townies, put them in a house if you don’t want to lose them). Think of a different cultural type than you have, make them according to that.

Watch youtube videos of people making sims or households. I learned features that were in cas I either didn’t know were there or had forgotten existed.

Use the randomizer till you find a sim you want to tweak, one that looks different from your other sims.

Sometimes I even find a townie I want to be mine, give them a make over ( look at their traits and make my own back story for them ).
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    There is an option in cas to download a random sim off the gallery that may be an option for you to spice up your gameplay as it may generate a type of sim you wouldn’t think of creating or playing.