The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange stomach ache?

My Sim only has one icon/moodlet at the moment, which shows he had a "fairly nice meal", and his happiness is green. But, he just rubbed his stomach, groaned, and had the Pepto Bismol icon above his head. (He's not a vegetarian, btw). I can't figure out why his stomach is bothering him. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    MonkorpioMonkorpio Posts: 18 Member
    He's pregnant
    Seriously though, it might just be random animation. Sometimes my sims will be at full hunger after I feed them and they'll do the hungry animation, or they'll groan and complain for no reason. Sims are just whiny, sometimes. I don't think it's anything to worry about unless he's been abducted by aliens recently.
    or he just has to take a dump lol
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    maybe he's sick?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Ha ha. You guys make my day. You're so funny.
    Also, @Cupid -- My Sims so seldom EVER get sick, it never even occurred to me.
  • Options
    hoxhardinghoxharding Posts: 5 New Member
    My little alien has a bad tummy all the time. The icon has that ramen symbol and that he doesn't eat right. I am worried. He and his husband have had at least 3 babies. The latest was his husband's-he is human and got abducted the night before. My alien is usually the one that gives birth.
    Plus, their Japanese bath became dirty as soon as they both got in. A little notice popped up saying people who feel guilty about something-the spring water will seem dirty.
    I know his human seemed flirty when talking to the new alien in town. His name is David Letterman.(his sister is human)
    Anyway, I have tried tummy remedies and medication for his stomach and they help for a minute at the most. Any suggestions on what I should do?
    Quick question-has anyone have their aliens and aliens hybrid abducted by other aliens? It has become ridiculous!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    @applefeather2 Getting an illness has been introduced to the game as more common. Had me metaphorically scratching my head wondering about it... and literally scratching my head thinking about it. :p:D

I did a search online. You now either let the illness pass in time, (with a small chance of getting worse), or:

You can click on the Sim, click on a computer, then order medicine. The same way you order upgrade parts. Then when in the Sim's inventory, using the medicine will instantly cure the illness like Laudanum. :smirk:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    In my experience, it takes two bottles of medicine or three glasses of orange juice to cure an illness. I usually use the orange juice, since it's free.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims have been having the sick animations a lot lately, even when they don’t get a moodlet saying they’re sick.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    In my experience, it takes two bottles of medicine or three glasses of orange juice to cure an illness. I usually use the orange juice, since it's free.

Interesting.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    My Sims have been having the sick animations a lot lately, even when they don’t get a moodlet saying they’re sick.

There's another thread on the forum suggesting that sims are getting sick, or at least showing signs of illness, more often since the early December patch. Could be connected to that.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have seen that as well. I could find no bug report for it (doesn't mean there is none). I would click Me Too if I did.
  • Options
    A sim got a "text" on their phone from a friend sim that they got the cold. Hmm
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    You can get medicine from the sims computer, click "order" then "purchase medicine" it'll end up in their personal inventory. take the medicine and see if that helps. I like to stash them around the house for when another sim in the household eventually gets sick so I don't have to keep ordering it.
  • Options

I don't know what this is. Medicine doesn't cure it though, (I tried) just makes the Sim "dazed" and still coloured like paint hit them. :D
    It seems random and happening to any Sim.

YkKDDMW.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png