Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems With Object Upgrades

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I had my Sim upgrade an object and make it unbreakable. I don’t remember whether it was electronic, plumbing, etc. but the object broke! My Sim had to repair it.

I had the same Sim complete an upgrade on one of the new fireplaces that came in SE and make it fire proof. The fireplace caught fire anyway after that and actually caught the Sim on fire.

Anyone else having object upgrades for unbreakable and fireproof not actually working since either installing SE or the recent patches?

This particular family is living Off-The-Grid, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I complained awhile ago about the sudden frequency of fireplace/dryer fire outbreaks in my game. I also (for a first time ever) had a Sim upgrade the dryer in one of my game saves, then suddenly said dryer broke down. Face/palm. Mind you, it was working just fine prior to the upgrade. I also have made it a point since my favorite Sim was lost to a fireplace fire to always upgrade those to fireproof. I was told by others it doesn't help. In fact, it was suggested the fireplace be placed on wooden flooring to curb this trend. Don't know if that helps, or not. One of my fires took place on marble flooring. :open_mouth:

Something is amiss somewhere is all I know, but my troubles began prior to SE.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I complained awhile ago about the sudden frequency of fireplace/dryer fire outbreaks in my game. I also (for a first time ever) had a Sim upgrade the dryer in one of my game saves, then suddenly said dryer broke down. Face/palm. Mind you, it was working just fine prior to the upgrade. I also have made it a point since my favorite Sim was lost to a fireplace fire to always upgrade those to fireproof. I was told by others it doesn't help. In fact, it was suggested the fireplace be placed on wooden flooring to curb this trend. Don't know if that helps, or not. One of my fires took place on marble flooring. :open_mouth:

Something is amiss somewhere is all I know, but my troubles began prior to SE.

Oh wow.

The fireplace had auto on and fire proof upgrades. It’s on wood floor. My Sim was sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace knitting when she caught on fire.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    There is an open thread at EA Answers about unbreakable objects breaking. There's also an open thread for upgraded fireplaces that catch fire, it's marked as needing saves. If either of those threads match your problem, it would probably be a good idea to add a Me Too and/or a post to show it's still happening, and still an item of concern.