Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who are they?

I am not quite clear on who are actually sims walking on streets in a certain neighborhood (or going to gym etc.)? Are those sims from households not placed in the world or sims that are already placed in the world but not only the one I am in? In other words, If I am playing a household in Oasis Springs and go to the street and see different sims walking around, are those sims from Oasis Springs, Willow Creek etc. or those that are not placed in any world?

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    TyrAVB wrote: »
    I am not quite clear on who are actually sims walking on streets in a certain neighborhood (or going to gym etc.)? Are those sims from households not placed in the world or sims that are already placed in the world but not only the one I am in? In other words, If I am playing a household in Oasis Springs and go to the street and see different sims walking around, are those sims from Oasis Springs, Willow Creek etc. or those that are not placed in any world?

Yes and Yes
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    The sims you see walking around and visiting community lots can be from anywhere.
    a. Your own neighborhood (Bedrock Strait in Oasis Springs, for instance)
    b. Other neighborhoods in the same world (Parched Prospect, Skyward Palms, Acquisition Butte)
    c. Other worlds, including vacation worlds (Willow Creek, Windenburg, Selvadorada, etc.)
    d. Not In World, including service NPCs and special NPCs such as pizza deliverers and Father Winter

In other words, almost any Sim in your game might show up.
  • Options
    TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks.

So there is not way to make game put on streets only certain people? For example, if I would turn one of the words into Asian theme, replacing lots with my Asian type buildings, I wouldn't be able to populate streets there only with Asians unless I modify in CAS every single sims into Asian, played or not played, in the world and not in the world, what would affect all other words than as well, right?
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Even if you would modify and/or delete every sim in your game to your liking the game itself will still generate new sims with random characteristics that may not be compatible with whatever demographic your want to (exclusively) represent in your game. In your case, you can increase the likelihood of having sims with Asian ethnic characteristics on the streets of your Asian theme world, if all of the sims living on the lots in each of the worlds in your game have these characteristics. However, you have no control over what kind of sims the game generate for you when the game needs to man a food stall for you, or add colleagues for your sim's active career, or just populates the local pup for you when your sim visits it (including bartender), etc.
  • Options
    TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Even if you would modify and/or delete every sim in your game to your liking the game itself will still generate new sims with random characteristics that may not be compatible with whatever demographic your want to (exclusively) represent in your game. In your case, you can increase the likelihood of having sims with Asian ethnic characteristics on the streets of your Asian theme world, if all of the sims living on the lots in each of the worlds in your game have these characteristics. However, you have no control over what kind of sims the game generate for you when the game needs to man a food stall for you, or add colleagues for your sim's active career, or just populates the local pup for you when your sim visits it (including bartender), etc.

Does game generates new sims every time in cases like those? I thought game pics them from those not placed in the word that already exist...
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Simmers call those people “Townies.”
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: