Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best of Packs

caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
Write your favorite part about any pack and least favorite part about the same pack. Let's start a thread
Post edited by caramelcopp on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2020
    My favorite part of any pack is when new harvestable add to the game.

Eco, my favorite part is the hairstyles, but hate the bugs. I mean literal bugs and the meat wall. I find those GROSS. I guess if I was a sim my trait would be squeamish. lol
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Cats and Dogs, my fav part is the vet career, my least fav part is the pets
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Get to Work. My favourite part is the scientist career and my least favourite is the retail, just because it can't be run at home.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Of any new pack some of the first I check is actually new potted plants, LOL. I can't have enough, but I prefer those simple, more than those arrangements that fits a more specific setting. The typical pot for a window, coffee table or even a vase with more elegant flowers.

Also like anything seasons or weather related. Dislike getting more and more of what we already have, especially when getting almost duplicates because an item comes with two different packs. Also find it confusing when items have swatches that change their shape (and use) but you need to click and scroll all swatches to find those options. It gets too hidden, and I'd like better overview both in BB and CAS.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living

Best; the world.

Worst; also the world. Much as it's great there's a lot of things I wanted that it didn't bring.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Discover University. Best: Two universities and an extensive class-system with much to choose from, and the CAS. Worst: The UI (very cluttered and jammed) and the (lack of) graduation ceremonies.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Get Famous-> Best: Fame perks & quirks. Worst: Celebrities showing up EVERYWHERE and bringing a bunch of fans + paparazzi
  • Options
    @muze My ranking of Get Famous is actually almost the opposite. I do get annoyed then and again when a celeb upsets the whole room, but it can be quite entertaining. Especially when you play a rotation and your sim is the one causing all the clamor. I am lucky that celebs don't invade my game too much. I don't love the quirks and perks since the perks were always a bit confusing. Their wording can be a bit weird and I wish they would tell you which of their skills will give them an increase in fame and such as it isn't always clear. With the quirks they can be quite annoying, but they bring character to the game. The only thing is my sims tend to get the same three over and over when they are the more annoying and boring quirks at this point. Like the phone obsessed one, the snobby food one, and the emotion bomb (excuse my inability to remember the exact names).

@EliasVersace The CAS was really amazing for University!!! I think maybe because it wasn't targeted to a whole age range which can mix up styles, but that is just a guess. My only real qualm with the classes is that there is no degree for mixology. I once had a sim who my goal was to get to uni and ace it so her high school grades were amazing. But she got the Master Mixologist aspiration and I play by aspirations so... all she had to do was take like 6 skill classes to get the degree. All the work I did was thrown away. But seeing as that's only one of two careers forgotten... I think it is okay. The UI was kind of strange but it doesn't bother me all too much. However I can see how it might disrupt the play of others. So far I have only not missed one graduation ceremony, and the end was fun. I hate how easy it is to just miss it though, and how there isn't like a 5 hour party after... I feel like that would make up for the ceremony.

@Onverser I love Sulani so much!! Maybe one of the most interactive worlds out there yet!! My favorite part might be the mermaids and mermen when you go to the beaches. However the mermaids could have been much more flushed out and even with the world how it is I agree that there was a lot more that could have been done. I haven't been to many of the festivals yet (I am a long time simmer but took a break for around a year so I haven't really experienced all of each pack) but I hope to if one of my sims wants to live there. The festivals might make the world feel more active but I wish they weren't just on the main islands.

@Simmerville I actually haven't seen the potted plants yet!! I don't usually put plants around but I do have have a sim right now that lives in an apartment in Evergreen Harbor so I will try it out!! Honestly I probably have seen them and just like completely forgot about them but I will try them regardless. Might help with my builds. I personally love everything that has to do with the weather and seasons too, especially ice skating and roller skating. I agree with the swatches, for some reason that made me think of the cabinets not matching and that is probably the most annoying thing out there about building. Sometimes I don't want frosted glass on the shelves!! Anyway yes, repetition can be very annoying. What really bothered me is Eco Living doing a much better version of the cleaning up in Sulani, which confuses me because you want to have a good eco footprint in Sulani plus also clean the beach. I guess it is okay because that was just a way that they figured out how to make eco living better, but can still be annoying for many players.

@telmarina Get to Work might be my least favorite expansion, mostly because I don't love the active careers. Actually no that's a lie, I love the doctor and detective careers. I have played the scientist a lot and don't really prefer it since it really isn't up my ally. But Get to Work was the first expansion so we should cut it some slack on the content end of it. I personally love the retail since you can use it to sell basically anything and technically you can live in the store if you build your house on the lot. Your sim just technically wouldn't live there, which causes some problems but I think is worth it since you can stock anything your sim makes.

@SimAlexandria Well that is certainly a ranking I didn't expect!! I love the pets, but I have been playing with the Personality Please mod on both my sims and the pets which might make them more lovable. If their personality is the problem and them all acting similar I would suggest that mod. Of course you might not like animals and the whole family dynamic, which I understand as well. Cats and Dogs is actually one of my favorites since I love every part of it. I love Brindleton Bay and the build mode; the CAS isn't so terrible either(not my favorite but still up there with the top used). The game play is near perfect and the vet career is super fun to play with and expand. I usually pass it down with the generations in my game and it can make some good money!! My only problem with it is being unable to live on the lot of the vet since it can be a hassle to go there and back each day. Then again you can have your sims sleep there and go back to their home on days off and such so you can make it work

@LaBlue0314 I don't have many of my sims become gardeners but it is a very fun thing to see a new harvestable out in the world. Probably even more fun on the off chance my sim does in fact garden. Seasons made it much more entertaining with greenhouses and seasonal plants. Eco Livings hairs are the probably the best non-cc hairs in the game yet. I love them so much!!! Lol I haven't yet come across the meat wall... but the name sounds absolutely appalling. Don't tell me that there is just a wall of meat somewhere with bugs on it because... ew. I think I spotted it in the trailer actually, just not in my game. But why would someone eat off of that!!?? Honestly that would be my trait too. Those walls sound disgusting.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

@SimAlexandria Well that is certainly a ranking I didn't expect!! I love the pets, but I have been playing with the Personality Please mod on both my sims and the pets which might make them more lovable. If their personality is the problem and them all acting similar I would suggest that mod. Of course you might not like animals and the whole family dynamic, which I understand as well. Cats and Dogs is actually one of my favorites since I love every part of it. I love Brindleton Bay and the build mode; the CAS isn't so terrible either(not my favorite but still up there with the top used). The game play is near perfect and the vet career is super fun to play with and expand. I usually pass it down with the generations in my game and it can make some good money!! My only problem with it is being unable to live on the lot of the vet since it can be a hassle to go there and back each day. Then again you can have your sims sleep there and go back to their home on days off and such so you can make it work

I love animals in real life but not how they are done in the Sims.

I tried that mod but not with pets but got rid of the mod cuz I preferred sims personalities how they are. Sims personalities in 4 are my Fav of all games and maybe the mod would help for pets but it ruined the human sims for me.

I play large families only in Sims.. Mostly tots and kids and I don't like that 1.. Pets take up a slot so I can't have that 7th toddler and 2.. They make the game slow and laggy for me. On a new gaming computer with only 2 or 3 small mods and no cc.. Works perfectly.. Add in a pet and lag and glitches galore. Plus I find them annoying in the Sims games haha. They just seem sorta robotic or something to me and even look weird to me. If there was a personality mod for pets that didn't affect sims too and I had household space and they didn't glitch out my game I might enjoy them more.

I do love the pack for everything else.. Just can't stand the pets themselves haha
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria I have played for a while with that mod so I don't remember how much it changed about the game. I do know that they do have a separate download exclusively for pets so that might help!!! Also, it is a shame they lag your game so much, but if you don't like them it isn't that much of a loss. I do not have nearly enough patience for seven toddlers so I commend you on that front, one toddler is hard enough.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @caramelcopp Fortunately the meat wall is something that can not easily be found in the game. It is a career reward item that must first be upgraded to become the disgusting meat wall.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Parenthood, my favorite part is the Character Values -despite some glitches I still encounter in some of my save files- and my least favorite part is some of the Temporary Traits.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The best part of Seasons was the addition of weather.

The worst part of Seasons is that it hasn't stopped raining since I got Eco Lifestyle!
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Seasons:

Best: Sims slipping and falling in the mud puddles.
    Worst: There is no change into rain gear option in CAS, so they have to use the umbrella lightning rod.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Cats and Dogs: favorite is the world, it is so pretty! Least favorite is the pets which is a shame because they are the only reason i bought this. They are mostly just there which makes them not worth adding to the family household since they take slots. I still find they have some cute interactions/actions tho, and i love having them when there are toddlers in the house because toddlers just love them!!

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Vampires. Favorite part: the vampire powers.
    Worst part: the world is very small and there is nothing to do there.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Island Living
    Best - The Jet Ski
    Worst - Very boring world and besides the Jet Ski not much of anything was added to do on water or land could of named this pack Jet Ski Living
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Get together best: I love the world, CAS, build & buy , the clubs system and coffee shops

Worst: they could've been alot more social interactions and mrs crumplebottom causing mayhem with her hand bag in the nightclubs
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Get Famous
    Best: The acting career
    Worst: Trying to interact with a celebrity even when there's good reason to and you're not just some random mortal trying to ruin their meal.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    City Living
    Best: introduced the "work from home" option
    Worst: badly built apartments: walls are too tall, window placement is weird, and there aren't enough balconies.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Parenthood best: the "influence to...." options
    Worst: the fact that they don't update these options (I want to tell my kids to walk the dog, put their laundry away, stay inside while it's raining), and that curfew is so unimpactful and uneventful that it's downright boring.

GTW best: definitely the science career and all that comes with it
    Worst: retail.

EL best: all the new off the grid & lifestyle options
    Worst: definitely "Sharing is Caring".
  • Options
    LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    StrangerVille
    The best: of course the world. It has completely different colors and style. I love the lot with crashed airplane and the caravan-style house.
    The worst: history. The idea is great, but workmanship could be better. Strange sims, military, plague, it sound really cool and interesting, but the moment you enter the city for the first time they practically tell you what causes the plague, so the ending is not surprising.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    I would like to say I do enjoy most of the packs but this one is the one I used the most.

Dine out
    The best: I love being able to take my sim out to eat after a long day of work, on a date with her partner or with family & friends. I like how I can also add my own theme of food (vegan, seafood, Asian , etc) & create my own restaurants. I look forward to the new update tomorrow as it will go well with my Mexican restaurant at del sol valley.

The worst: from time to time it may have some minor bugs but overall it’s an enjoyable pack.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Spa Day was my first Game Pack, and one I still use all the time. Yoga is my prefered means of keeping Sims fit without getting super skinny or super muscular, and setting a useful emotional tone for the day.

Drawbacks, they never added the ability to write Skill Books for Wellness. Also, I seldom place an actual Spa lot - my Sims use the facilities at home (though I usually add a sauna to the Gym).