Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Do Club Members roll up to Venues with Bikes?

HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
It's so weird to see clubs roll up with bikes to the nightclub for example. A nightclub that is on the top floor of an apartment building. And it takes so long for the sims to get off their bike. That's what gets me. I have to reset them to make the bikes disappear and get them off faster. Plus other sims don't arrive on bikes, just those in clubs.

Is this happening in your game? Unmodded games? Is there a mod to stop it?

(Haven't captured a better screenie of it yet but you can see the club members arriving on bikes in the background.)
kUtlzTU.png
R5PO75w.gif?1
*:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    BURN THOSE BIKES!

I use the clubs a lot in my games and those darn bikes just ruin everything.

Every lot I go to there is a huge congregation of bikes. They get in each others way. They take forever to get of the bikes so the sims-clubs that I designed specifically to give a certain vibe and life to that lot are the last one on the scene. All the sensible sims who just ran or walked are way waay ahead of them.

If there is a way to get rid of bikes used for clubs it would be a blessing.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I can only assume that it is intentional? Maxis probably thought it would be cool for sims to show up on bikes during club gatherings?

Apparently not a single developer noticed how it completely makes every club gathering awkward and buggy, resulting in your sims often getting stuck in place. Feel free to click me too on Answer HQ.

I find it unlikely that Maxis will ever patch it, so here is a mod that coolspear made that will get rid of it. (requires registration)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @logion Thank you. I <3 my clubs but they are so difficult to use in this state.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yep, it is a little bit too much odd :D

9-7-2020-21-56-42.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I can't imagine this was made by design and not just an oversight.

I could understand it being by design if the sims actually used the bikes but they don't - the sims just spawn, they then spawn a bike, walk around the bike to get on and spawn a helmet and then sit there for a couple of sim hours before getting off, trolling away the helmet and bike. smh
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was starting to think it was one of my mods given how ridiculous it can get at times. :sweat_smile:

@logion Thanks a bunch for the link!
    Yep, it is a little bit too much odd :D

9-7-2020-21-56-42.png

omg this triggers me :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-