Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with CC

Hi guys,

I’ve recently switched from playing only the Sims 3, where I know everything, to a little bit of the Sims 4, where my knowledge is limited.

Most of my CC in the sims games is for CAS, although I might start with more furniture. My main issue is that when I download a bit of CC, some of it in CAS looks glitched, having white streaks on it. I haven’t seen what this looks like in actual gameplay, but I assume the same. Sometimes if a top looks glitched for example, I take off the skin overlay and then it looks fine. It is almost as if it’s conflicting. How do I stop this from happening, because some items only do this when my sim has other CC on.

Also, I have heard there is a mod to get rid of the annoying block looking eyelashes, please could someone send me a link?

Finally, I’m not really sure how the skins work. I haven’t looked a great deal, but I can only seem to find “overlays”, where can I find custom skin tones? And are these skin tones literally just colours or does it change the texture and shading of the sim etc as well like some of the overlays (if there are any).

Any other tips regarding mods would be appreciated, I’m still getting used to everything including CAS in The Sims 4 after 4 years of having the game because I never switched from the Sims 3 due to lack of open world. I could play without CC of course, but I just don’t like the way it looks. It’s hard to imagine I used to play The Sims 3 as a child without anything at all, I think they look hideous!

Comments

• Options
    AlonelysimmerAlonelysimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having similar issues. I have recently downloaded cc for counters and stuff and now all off CAS hair has streaks causing them to be block-like. But When I remover the counter cc it didn't fix it.
  • Options
    AlonelysimmerAlonelysimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    @lalalandgirlfriend I found this post and it fixed my game. I hope it helps fix yours :smile:
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-CC-Hair-Blonde-Streaks-Bug-FIX/td-p/5069642
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just saw a bunch of custom skin tones yesterday. They were from either PralineSims or RemusSirion, I think, on TSR.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: