Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims on Mac

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
Edit: I figured out how to get it on my Mac but has it improved at all or am I wasting time downloading it?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KatiaKuryhaKatiaKuryha Posts: 2 New Member
    Do anyone know how to switch to cinematic mode on MAC? My TAB button doesn't do anything!!!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    For me it’s the tab button (which, as I’m on a French keyboard has an arrow pointing to a vertical line on it instead of “tab”).

Do you manage to size things up in your game ? Because for me only sizing down works, not sizing up ;( I press the right keys but it doesn’t do anything.
    Do anyone know how to switch to cinematic mode on MAC? My TAB button doesn't do anything!!!

• Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    1) Try CMD+tab or Shift+tab.
    2) review your accessibility settings. Mac has a bunch of features, for example, “Slow Keys,” which means you have to hold down keys like Shift, Tab, and Caps longer than expected.

Maybe these tips will help?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I play on a MacBook Pro. I am able to use both sizing up and sizing down. I'm not actually sure what cinematic mode is. Do you mean first person view?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    It’s the free camera mode when you press tab.

I have a MacBook Pro to (2015) and command + ( to size down objects works but command + ) doesn’t size them up. I thought it was because I have a French azerty keyboard, but given your username you’re French too and you don’t have the problem.
    I play on a MacBook Pro. I am able to use both sizing up and sizing down. I'm not actually sure what cinematic mode is. Do you mean first person view?

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Resizing objects on Mac for me works with [ and ] keys.

And as others, the Tab key (arrow pointing right on the top left of the keyboard works to go into cinematic mode (shift+tab goes into first person mode). It could be mapped to a different action on the Mac?

The one keyboard thing that bugs me on Mac is that rotating between swatches (numeric keypad + and - keys) doesn't have a Mac alternative :( (it makes me appreciate my external keyboard more)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

I have a MacBook Pro to (2015) and command + ( to size down objects works but command + ) doesn’t size them up. I thought it was because I have a French azerty keyboard, but given your username you’re French too and you don’t have the problem.

My MacBook Pro is also 2015. Strangely, I’m not actually French; I’m just drawn that way. 😉
    I think I use the brackets for resizing. I’ve never used cinematic mode — something new to try!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Oh ok! Might be my keyboard then. I guess I could install an English keyboard and enable it when I play the game, but I’m afraid I’ll keep using the wrong keys, as both keyboards layout is different. But if I can finally size up objects it would be worth the shot.

As for cinematic mode, it’s great to take screencaps and visit builds as if you were there yourself.
    Dianesims wrote: »

My MacBook Pro is also 2015. Strangely, I’m not actually French; I’m just drawn that way. 😉
    I think I use the brackets for resizing. I’ve never used cinematic mode — something new to try!