Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generated townies - same bad traits.

Hello! :)
I use MCCC, and I get all my newly generated townies from my sims 4 gallery. I download or make my own townies. The problem is that the game somehow change their traits when adding them as townies. And the ones I see over and over again are evil, cleptomaniac, mean, and sometimes hates children and erratic. All "negative" traits, in my opinion. Why is this happening? Is there a setting in MCCC that I've overlooked somehow? I set the settings to not change anything (names, looks) on the generated townies from the gallery. And lately I'm seeing randomly generated townies that are NOT from my gallery, even though I set the take-townies-from-gallery setting to 100%. I don't know why this is.. Maybe I don't have enough townies? I thought I did. I'll go download more.. :)

Does anyone know of a fix for the bad traits? <3

Comments

• Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Maybe you could try contacting Deaderpool in the MCCC discord server?
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    You can flag the traits in the mod that you don't want, I stumbled across it while poking around in there. I've just started playing with it and Slice of Life and the difference these mods have made is mind bending. Go to the computer in the sims, click on the mod and have a good rifle through it, you'll find the flag unwanted traits in there somewhere. :)
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    You can flag the traits in the mod that you don't want, I stumbled across it while poking around in there. I've just started playing with it and Slice of Life and the difference these mods have made is mind bending. Go to the computer in the sims, click on the mod and have a good rifle through it, you'll find the flag unwanted traits in there somewhere. :)

Thank you so much, this will surely help! :)<3
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I know that I have mostly townies that are mean, evil, erratic, slobs, or kleptos. I don't think it's specifically MCCC that does that, I believe the game seeks to balance out the trait distribution, so that if you are like me and do not like a lot of them, so therefore don't use them, then the game assigns those to the random townies that get created.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Like Bloosmoo said, you can flag traits you don't want your sims to have. I did that to Child of the Island and Child of the Ocean traits, since I never play in Sulani. It's very useful.
    I also have it enabled so unplayed sims can adopt the traits of their parents, kind of like genetics, and it's pretty cool!