Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Strange Things They Do

So this is a list of strange things my sims have done that I find at times hilarious and at times frustrating.
  1. My maid walked down the stairs carrying garbage, Reached out and dropped it in the floor. Then had a fit that there was garbage on the floor.
  2. I told my one mother sim to giver her toddler a bath. She talked to the toddler and they agreed. Then she went downstairs sat down before going back upstairs to giver her toddler the bath.
  3. My adult sims will stop what they're doing, walk clear to where the toddler is (even on different floors) just to pick them up and put them back down again.
  4. I will tell my sims to do something, click to another sim and tell them to do something. Then when switching back to the first, find them doing something completely different. (Okay, this one is not so funny and seems like a possible glitch.)

Anyway, so there's my list (in no particular order) of oddball things that my sims do. There are more but these are the most frequent.

What are the little quirks that your sims do that you find amusing and (sometimes frustrating)?

But please, let's not make this a rant thread. There are other threads you can go to for that.

Comments

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    How about: Being hungry-taking a plate-putting down the plate to smell good food-forgetting they were about to eat altogether

or

Sim A meditates-Sim A Levitates-Sim B moves and clearely wants to do something-Sim B sees sim A-Sim B Stops to check what's going on-Sim B Idles.

I find neither amusing.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Okay, so I had a visiting sim walking VERY slowly (bugged animation cycles) to my door, knock and immediately leave. Since that sim was walking for around 3 IRL minutes, that was pretty surreal.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I told my adult sim to put the toddler in the highchair then grab a serving for her from the table. He put her in the highchair then immediately took her back out and put on the floor before going over to grab her food.

To make matters worse, she took the food, the rest of the family was eating at the table next to her but she decided to climb 3 flights of stairs to a small deck that is level with the pool before sitting on a couch to eat!

@ArcherDK you know the little deck area with the two diagonal couches way up on the top? That's where Isabella decided to go! I guess she wanted to watch the fish jumping in the eco-pool. lol
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @PenguinFoop Yes, I remember that area. At least she got some Motor out of it :) But yeah - these moments can be infuriating.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    @PenguinFoop Yes, I remember that area. At least she got some Motor out of it :) But yeah - these moments can be infuriating.

I thin some of them are funny... the first time. After that, yeah, they can get annoying. lol
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My sim bakes food and once cooked becomes smelly.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @PenguinFoop My house has similar design decision. Toddler bedroom on second floor, EVERYTHING else except for potty on first one. That way they gain motor skill and are pretty busy (I use mods that allow toddlers to use more interactions with adults autonomously)
    I designed the house for vampires, though, and so they can always use their mobility powers to quickly relocate a toddler elsewhere.

You're absolutely right - first time your toddler goes into tantrum or throws a crying fit because they're hungry is interesting. Second time and beyond it's not even remotely funny or cute. Or rather it CAN be cute...until they get taken away.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    A Sim couple will grab servings of food, put them on a table and sit down to eat but then stop after one bite to stand up and kiss or hug their partner. Then they'll sit back down in different seats to resume their meals.

Pouring glasses of water and then not drinking them.

Getting stressed that they're not getting enough exercise, and then complaining afterwards that they're too sore from exercising.