Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightmare Fule

What are tings that happens to your Sims that would be frighting in real life:

D39jqIy.jpg?1

For me it is huge spiders!

Comments

• Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Dolls, those Selvadorian ones really creep me out lol. Your sim is very cute btw @TeeSea
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2020
    Lots of stuff, I imagine. It's played off as cartoonish, but the Sims universe is packed with awful stuff. Most of the deaths a sim can experience are pretty violent or gruesome, and even if they manage to avoid all of that stuff and peacefully pass away of old age a faceless dude with a scythe shows up at the house and traumatizes the survivors by sucking the soul out of grandma right in front of them.

What's more, they see it happen over and over again, regardless of how they die. So every sim is painfully aware that this is what is waiting for them and their kin at the end. There's no reassurance of "no Johnny, it's going to be okay, that won't happen to you". Johnny, take a good look because this is exactly what you're in for.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @Bloosmoo Thanks!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Waking up dressed like a random townie. I can't think of anything scarier than that. :D
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I agree that the Selvadoradan spiders are nightmarish. Even the little spiders that crawl out into the webs from the Vampires pack are icky. (Arachnophobia, lol. Nice job, devs!)

I also think that the drowning animation is gruesome (thalassophobic as well) because it's really realistic looking and less comedic. But I like that about it.

Even the Strangerville possessed Sims have an eeriness to them that I find exciting. The launch for that pack was epic because players had no idea what to make of the impossible postures and macabre grins. <3

I kind of like to be scared and creeped out by the game. This is one of the reasons I really, really want Sims to feel fear and have phobias. It's so human and relatable.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    When you try to make grilled cheese but get burned and died
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    The whole Strangerville incident. Can you imagine waking up and seeing someone you care about
    shambling like a mindless zombie with this creepy smile and bulging eyes?
    Now there is a real monster for you.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Spiders and clowns.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2020
    Enjoying a nice time in a gym, you know you don't have to sweat yourself, while the death music starts to play and you find out it is one of your sims (not active) freezing to death in Oasis Springs in summer.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    There have been many scary things in The Sims series. Red eyes staring from bushes in some The Sims 4 locations, krakens in The Sims 3, meteors in The Sims 3 Ambitions are truly jumpscarish, creepy noises heard from gravestones in The Sims 2, scary soundtracks in The Sims 1 for burglars, getting fired, clown catchers, racoon, death, fire, and ghosts, and the list continues.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I must admit I still get the creeps from seeing those snakes in Selvadorada. I don't mind them about, but I still get paralyzed when they appear, even on those spots where I'm actually expecting them.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Routing issues. When a Sim gets stuck and isn't able to navigate around a group of objects that a real person could climb over. And having to use the restroom, sleep, eat, etc. So your Sim dies of embarrassment, starvation, and/or exhaustion. That's a nightmare!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I agree that the Selvadoradan spiders are nightmarish. Even the little spiders that crawl out into the webs from the Vampires pack are icky. (Arachnophobia, lol. Nice job, devs!)
    Haha those vampire cobwebs really creep me out after I saw that spiders actually appear in them. Yuk yuk. Hate spiders. Imagine my delight in opening this thread and being faced with the OP's pic!!

Another thing that kinda creeps me out is sharing knowledge on the new Uni machine - it looks and sounds like torture to me!
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, I'm gonna throw some of the stuff from ROM into there - like how a potion backfire, with the black smoke and passed-out sims, could be terrifying to an unsuspecting bystander in the real world. Also, while funny in-game, some of the vampire powers would again be terrifying. It's weird thinking of this stuff in the context of real life - most of it's just funny or quirky in-game.
    Oh lord - the cowplant. It's huge to a sim, and actually EATS PEOPLE. Like some kind of immovable triffid. And the luring-by-basically-hypnotic-cake thing would be scary as well. As well as the whole male-pregnancy-by-alien-abduction thing - what is WITH that? It's one of my favorite game mechanics, but if you think about it it's actually pretty messed up.

Edit: I used hyphens ( - ) way to much there, not sure why.
    Edited twice for typos.
    banner.png
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    What are tings that happens to your Sims that would be frighting in real life:
    For me it is huge spiders!
    Oh yeah, something like that dropped on my shoulder, I'd be doing a scream-like-a-little-girl-/does-the-wave/-running-around-like-a-headless-chicken/raindance combo. I'm sure it would look funny on youtube...
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Lots of stuff, I imagine. It's played off as cartoonish, but the Sims universe is packed with awful stuff. Most of the deaths a sim can experience are pretty violent or gruesome, and even if they manage to avoid all of that stuff and peacefully pass away of old age a faceless dude with a scythe shows up at the house and traumatizes the survivors by sucking the soul out of grandma right in front of them.
    What's more, they see it happen over and over again, regardless of how they die. So every sim is painfully aware that this is what is waiting for them and their kin at the end. There's no reassurance of "no Johnny, it's going to be okay, that won't happen to you". Johnny, take a good look because this is exactly what you're in for.
    I don't think the deaths in the sims are particularly awful. Death is just part of life (or maybe just the result of it) and can be quite violent and gruesome. The sims also makes death funny. If a big sims-style reaper/ghost like monstrosity sucking the soul out of grandma existed in real life, it would actually be better than real death as you could beg and plead with it to, you know, not suck the soul out of grandma, restore her, and let her live. On the other hand, telling your kids that that thing will eventually come for them too might be the cause of a nightmare here and there :D
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Waking up dressed like a random townie. I can't think of anything scarier than that. :D
    Yes, yes! This totally!
    Routing issues. When a Sim gets stuck and isn't able to navigate around a group of objects that a real person could climb over. And having to use the restroom, sleep, eat, etc. So your Sim dies of embarrassment, starvation, and/or exhaustion. That's a nightmare!
    Love this too. The game glitching, not working as expected, and full of bugs often is a real nightmare experience :D .

Personally I don't like these guys:

9CHn7lA.png

Imagine having a vampire clown breaking into your home at night with the intent to do vampire-clowny things to you /shivers.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2020
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I don't think the deaths in the sims are particularly awful. Death is just part of life (or maybe just the result of it) and can be quite violent and gruesome. The sims also makes death funny. If a big sims-style reaper/ghost like monstrosity sucking the soul out of grandma existed in real life, it would actually be better than real death as you could beg and plead with it to, you know, not suck the soul out of grandma, restore her, and let her live. On the other hand, telling your kids that that thing will eventually come for them too might be the cause of a nightmare here and there :D

I'm not sure if you've experienced death and dying first hand, but it can be pretty peaceful. When my mother died it was like going to sleep. I can only hope that my passing will be as beautiful.

It isn't in The Sims games. This guy is going to show up, and he's going to try and harvest the soul of the deceased. He's not going to give you a moment. He's not going to sit back and let the scene play out. No, Grimmy is on a schedule. He doesn't care if you're sad. You have 30 seconds to plead for grandma, and if you are unsuccessful in that plea then you are out of luck. If you are successful, he'll be back next week.

And that's the problem. Funerals are for the living. They are a way for people to process the passing of a loved one. You don't get that in The Sims. No, death is a struggle, and an immediate one. When it's lost, it's done. Here's your urn and/or gravestone, get out, I'll be back for you later. Or sooner. Who knows? What you do know is that your kin will be absolutely traumatized by the experience.

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Spiders, snakes and clowns give me the creeps. And did you know there is a spider called the clown spider that is quite frightening? Just what I wanted to see; two of the scariest things I can imagine all rolled up into one. And see one I did during a trip to Hawaii, a freak-me-out long legged arachnid with a clown face, racing across the bathroom counter while I was brushing my teeth. I still have scary dreams about that incident. So that is why I seldom visit the jungle in Sims4, and disabled the possibility of the clown walking around my worlds. Because some nightmares refuse to be laid to rest.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Spiders, snakes and clowns give me the creeps. And did you know there is a spider called the clown spider that is quite frightening? Just what I wanted to see; two of the scariest things I can imagine all rolled up into one. And see one I did during a trip to Hawaii, a freak-me-out long legged arachnid with a clown face, racing across the bathroom counter while I was brushing my teeth. I still have scary dreams about that incident. So that is why I seldom visit the jungle in Sims4, and disabled the possibility of the clown walking around my worlds. Because some nightmares refuse to be laid to rest.

*Shudders* That sounds absolutely terrifying. You wouldn't have been able to get me back in that bathroom until someone showed me proof of that spiders demise. Even then I would be bringing "weapons" of all kinds with me every time I went in.(brooms, shoes, bug spray,etc.)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    edited March 2020
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Love this too. The game glitching, not working as expected, and full of bugs often is a real nightmare experience :D .

Personally I don't like these guys:

9CHn7lA.png

Imagine having a vampire clown breaking into your home at night with the intent to do vampire-clowny things to you /shivers.

*Laughs Maniacally* Heh, excuse me while I take Vladislaus to CAS. Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2020
    Having the grim reaper entering my house. :#

...also, I would probably freak out seeing a giant bunny walking around.
    Laugh out loud. Often