Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name Censors

Ok, so tonight I made the Rock-Afire Explosion as humans in CAS. The characters I made are Billy Bob Brockali, Looney Bird, Rolfe DeWolfe, Dook LaRue, Fatz Geronimo, Beach Bear, Mitzi Mozzarella, and Choo Choo. However, when I went to save the family, it gave me a message saying that I had inappropriate words in my names, so I wouldn't be able to save the family to the Gallery. Does anyone know which words might be the inappropriate ones? I'm a little bit confused, bc none of the names have any bad words in them that I can think of.

Comments

• Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Have you tried out saving sims with these names individually? This way you can single out which one has the problematic name. The online Urban Dictionary lists "Dook" as short for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which apparently means poop. Maybe a game that includes a talking toilet doesn't like poop in their sims' names?
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Okay, one of the words in my previous post got auto censored with the word 'plum', so that may be an indication of which name could be the culprit.
  • Options
    DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    I'll try that! Thank you!! <3 Hopefully I'll be able to find the culprit!!
  • Options
    DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    Turns out it WAS Duke that was the culprit... how weird!!! xDD Thanks for the tip!!
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    The gallery word filter is, in my opinion, WAAAYYYY too sensitive. I've noticed a lot of my Korean sims have their names filtered out for some reason which is just :s

Anywho, I'm glad you were able to sort this out!
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    The filter here and on the gallery filters out Katrina Caliente’s original name, the name Maxis originally gave her in previous iterations (Dina and Nina’s original mother). It also seems to censor a lot of very innocuous words because they ‘sound a bit like some obscure ‘naughty’ word in ancient Egyptian’, (maybe not actually ancient Egyptian but you get the point). I’ve had to do the re naming shuffle to find the offending name once or twice. I’m still not sure why the second one is banned (the first was more than likely cultural differences, it doesn’t mean the same here).
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    This happened to me once, in my medieval save where everyone had old French names. I wish they would at least tell us what name is triggering the censor.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2020
    I had this happen when I edited Vlad because something in his household description was not allowed so I had to exit cas and delete that from manage worlds. Not sure if this happens with other families though.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    And yet, I easily and uncontroversially named the Sim in my avatar image Beejay. :D I mean, it is a name. But it is also winkily naughty. ;)
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    There is also a university townie robot name that I found is censored but the game is still giving it to them, something like Seg Fault or similar... ridiculous
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack