Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House buffs just too much?

I moved into my first tiny house this morning with the goal of earning some cash and then go to University to study programming and robotics.
After finishing my first assignment as a freelance programmer over 2.5 days in game, my Sim went to programming lvl 8 from lvl 0.

Again, she went from level Zero to level Eight in two and a half days.

That means her first job netted her 150 Simolions in 2.5 days. Her second programming job, since she gained skill so fast, netted her 9000 in 1 day.

Quite frankly I will go to Uni with her because I want to. But there is absolutely no need to go to University if you live in a tiny home. You earn more money quicker by just staying home doing random tasks since you will be a super programmer, a master painten AND the world's best handyman in about a week.

Anyone but me that feel that the bonuses for tiny homes are just stupidly over powered?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I tried out the tiny home option, building a micro home, because I thought it might give me an edge in the Super Sim challenge. It gives way more than an edge and made the challenge not at all enjoyable, so I am starting over without the lot traits. At least it's an optional thing, and I totally understand the motivation behind the buffs, but I agree that the buffs are just too strong.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    The buffs from living in a tiny home are very strong. The skill buff that a Sims gets from the tiny home lot trait combined with the reward traits Savant, Night Owl, and Morning Sim make skilling very fast.

I made the mistake of having a Grand Master Vampire move into a Tier 2 Tiny home. He already had the three skill-related reward traits plus he had rank 3 Master of Darkness so he was already skilling pretty fast. Vampires are notoriously slow with the gardening skill so I moved him into a tiny house to find out if all of the skilling buffs would affect the Freelance Botanist aspiration. He finished the aspiration in less than a Sim week and managed to max several skills while waiting for the Cowplant to grow up, which it did in record time.

I'm doing this now with a new Sim (not a Vampire) who doesn't have any of the reward traits. His garden is growing and evolving pretty fast. He just planted a Cowplant Berry last night. I want to see how fast it takes to grow up. It used to take 5 Sim days.

Relationships are crazy. Every new Sim becomes almost an instant friend, especially if the Sim has the Good Manners trait and greets someone with a Polite Introduction. I don't even know what a Flirty Introduction would do at this point. My test Sim hasn't had the opportunity to try that yet because his Welcome Wagon was Mortimer and Bella who are both scheduled for deletion.

I think that once he finishes the Freelance Botanist aspiration, he's either going to move or I'm going to expand his house so it won't qualify for any of the Tiny Home buffs.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I don't think the buffs are too strong.

If you want to use the murphy bed, you need the skill buffs to upgrade the bed before it kills your sim.

You can't have a greenhouse on a micro lot so you need the plants to grow faster to get a decent harvest before the season ends.

There's not enough room to put skill building items indoors so your sim is exposed to the weather while getting their skills up. No need to have your sim spend all their time reading anymore.

I still have a hard time getting Vlad to friends because of the hissing. The party gold levels will be hard to gain because of not enough room to seat all your guests.

I can use different lot traits instead of the reading and gaining skills faster lot traits that I always had to use before.

I plan on using the tiny lot size to complete the strangervill and island aspirations. I already have a cheat lot I made awhile ago to get the cow plant and 10 excellent plants instantly by just moving to the lot. I think the plants only grow faster but the same amount of time is still needed for fertilizing and evolving of the plants.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited February 2020
    Monaveil wrote: »
    The buffs from living in a tiny home are very strong. The skill buff that a Sims gets from the tiny home lot trait combined with the reward traits Savant, Night Owl, and Morning Sim make skilling very fast.

I made the mistake of having a Grand Master Vampire move into a Tier 2 Tiny home. He already had the three skill-related reward traits plus he had rank 3 Master of Darkness so he was already skilling pretty fast. Vampires are notoriously slow with the gardening skill so I moved him into a tiny house to find out if all of the skilling buffs would affect the Freelance Botanist aspiration. He finished the aspiration in less than a Sim week and managed to max several skills while waiting for the Cowplant to grow up, which it did in record time.

I'm doing this now with a new Sim (not a Vampire) who doesn't have any of the reward traits. His garden is growing and evolving pretty fast. He just planted a Cowplant Berry last night. I want to see how fast it takes to grow up. It used to take 5 Sim days.

Relationships are crazy. Every new Sim becomes almost an instant friend, especially if the Sim has the Good Manners trait and greets someone with a Polite Introduction. I don't even know what a Flirty Introduction would do at this point. My test Sim hasn't had the opportunity to try that yet because his Welcome Wagon was Mortimer and Bella who are both scheduled for deletion.

I think that once he finishes the Freelance Botanist aspiration, he's either going to move or I'm going to expand his house so it won't qualify for any of the Tiny Home buffs.

If you like the the house size just change it back to residential and the buffs will go away.

Eta. After testing it, I saw that you have to leave the lot and when you return the fine buff will be gone. So I think the rest of the buffs will be gone too.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    If you want to live and tell about sleeping in the murphy bed for at least one night, I think it's just fine the way that it is.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Omg what? noooo!! Please, please I hope the devs don’t change it! :fearful: I have a genius, bookworm with a great reputation and it’s like she’s gained super powers!! Her skills & relationship building in her micro home is like HEAVEN!! I’m maxing out skills left, right and centre, gaining friends so fast I get hugs at my micro home dinner parties (I don’t have enough chairs so everyone stands in a corner to eat ... and they still love me) and it’s awesome, so awesome!

Murphy bed not so awesome. Not gonna lie, I hate it. I don’t like using it. I just like how it looks. I leave it down and am too scared to put it in the sofa position. It killed my Sim on the second day and I fully upgraded the bed before I used it. Who can use this bed?? Now my first Tiny Home Sim is a ghost, but it’s all good, because my second Sim is genius bookworm and is going to write the book of life, probably by tomorrow.

I’m sorry if you don’t like it though. I think you can turn it off? I think the idea is just to start your Sim in a tiny home, to give them a boost, then upgrade to a larger home or switch it off to residential. All my Sims will start off in micro homes now. This is the best stuff pack ever.

I admit though, I also thought, what does my Sim need University for now that I kept her in the tiny home and she’s maxed many skills, but I want to give her a degree just to have it. I’m going to commute to Uni from the micro-home just to see how fast she can do her homework.