Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Pack Ideas (Eco Living?) I want to hear your ideas.

Since tiny living came out I thought another great idea for a stuff pack or even a game pack(?) would be an Eco pack.
Thing like:
-solar panels
-more outdoor plants, animals, decor.
-certain appliances and plumbing objects that are "Eco friendly" (a solar cooker?)
-a trait maybe like "tree hugger" where your sim would get angry or embarrassed if they use too much energy or waste food (Eco footprint, carbon footprint and water footprint aware) and get mad if they have too many unnecessarily objects in their house
- Other traits like Eco fanatic, vegan, vegetarian, minimalist... etc.
-a compost bin that you can use for planting instead of using a garbage bin
-a rainwater collector which could benefit your lot and off the grid lots (use that water for watering plants maybe a smaller one to put in the garden and shows a little hose attached to it)
-indoor herb planters that hang off the wall and are interactive
-they talk about living clean and lecture other sims about the harm they're doing or convince other sims to live clean
-this would be a great pack to add more bamboo and natural looking interiors (windows, door, wallpapers, floors)
-"To Go" containers and cups so your sims could bring them to stalls and fill them instead and they stay in your inventory
- When you go to use the laundry with an Eco friendly sim it would say "wash in cold water" or won't start the washer or dishwasher till they have a "full load"... just little thing like that
- A water cycle so the best time to use water is at night so if your sims showered or did laundry after a certain time they'd a a mood boost
- have cubs where you could clean communities and plant in the wild
- be able to invest sims money in local business which could make you gain or lose money
-Become an Organic Farmer
-Sims turn off everything when they aren't in that room (including that blasted radio that seems to be on 24/7.

I also feel like with the arts and crafts pack we are getting it would tie in nicely on the self sustaining lifestyle.

What's everyone's thoughts on new ideas for packs or ideas to add to me own for objects and game play?

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nooooooooo!! I'm gonna have to give this a hard NO. But no offense it's just my personal preference. I would not have ANY fun with these things at all. 😖

I just want something fun like arcades, fun games and activities, paranormal humting,fun sports, bands, skateboards, theme parks. Etc.
    Vegan and health living does nothing to make the game fun or exciting to play. But once again that's okay for others who like it. 🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    I'd like to see a pack like this, although to do it well I think it needs to be at least a gamepack. We really need some more off the grid friendly stuff like wells for water and solar panels for power, and I'm hoping we'll get them is an upcoming pack sometime this year.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd personally prefer something leaning closer to a traditional Farming pack. I'd enjoy raising animals, harvesting my own food and living self sufficiently in that way over an eco pack. I suppose they could add more eco-friendly themed stuff in a big patch since they added the off the grid lot trait for free.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Sounds interesting! Perhaps that they could make the PlantSim world for it. If I may add, perhaps a recycle bin/machine where they can recycle anything. And perhaps adding a touch of arts by introducing sculpture by using the recycle stuff.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    One of my longtime gripes about TS4 is the lack of interconnectivity between packs and I feel like if we can't get a full "farming" pack (which I feel like would comprehensively cover everything you listed), this would complement Tiny Living, apartment-living playstyles, and the off-the-grid lot trait from Island Living.

I'd still prefer a farming pack, too, though lol. Mostly I'd just like to be able to make my own fertilizer outside of growfruit!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I’m disappointed we don’t have these things yet.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I hope we get some animals too, and not glorified objects like in Sims 3 Store.
  • Options
    Jman1303285Jman1303285 Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe a lawn care pack. Lawnmowers, weed-eaters, hedge trimmers, etc
  • Options
    Alika76Alika76 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was wondering if there is or going to be a Renaissance expansion or stuff pack? I have been looking for something along those lines for awhile now and have not seen anything remotely close. Thanks.