Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Creative Corner Community Showcase Platform

HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 3 Builders
Revised Post:
Would any of the Sims 3 Creative Corner Community be interested in being a part of a fan based, fan-run, Build and Create Showcasing community?

How I was thinking it could be set up:
  • Users Responsible for their own Content:Builds, Sims, Tutorials etc. (User Content would be ultimately named after user/ Community content would be open to edits/updates by any in the community)
  • Mods/Admins only helping organize, display or cataloging this content for comprehensive and easier access.
  • Once a Build/Sim/etc. Users will respect the Authors content itself and if navigation or coding errors arise then helpful fixes are allow.
  • Once Build/Sim/etc. is set up and you are happy with it you would have no requirement to the community if you wished to no longer be active- and the showcase would not be removed unless download links are removed or broken at source and the content can't be shared/downloaded.
  • CC Free (just because I am sure any possible content that corrupts a game might technically break the ToS of the platform).
  • Editing would be more or less as difficult as this Forum's BBCode (but it is different but easy to learn).
  • Content would be categorized in multiple ways to make it easier for those to find.
  • Content would be more easily found via search feature.
  • Would come with it's own photo hosting so no third party hosts that might betray you (like Photobucket).
  • Would be youtube media friendly.
  • Community would be trust based but any mandates or manual of style would be consensus majority rule.
  • Authors would only be asked to log in so we know who created the original content but technically no log in would be required however, labeling content or possible disputes could cause issues.
  • Those only interested in downloading the communities content would not require a log in.

Would this be something you'd like to see? The most difficult part of setting this up is something I have done a few times because it would be a wikia/fandom platform. I won't make this just for myself but even if we get a handful of people (and 1-2 volunteer mods/admins (pm if interested)) I think this is the most idyllic way to showcase Sims 3 exchange content.

Original Post:
Heya long time no see XD do we still have a decent Sims 3 building community (I think we do)?

I was wondering if people wanted to make an easier platform to display and share builds and sims cc free. Or does one already exist?
Post edited by HollownessDevour on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I been building since old sims 3 site but threads are generally messy, I have an idea of a community where one can showcase: post galleries, even their youtube videos, builds can be categorized in multiple ways (so all members builds can be searched easily) but I just don't want to set up a community platform if no one wants it XD

Edit: (this would be an example layout)
    bWfnoYc.jpg
    Post edited by HollownessDevour on
  • Options
    Well I made it if anyone is interested: https://the-sims-3-exchange.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3_Exchange_Wiki

vive le sims 3! Don't stop building!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    First, I'm honored to be included in your private message group. <3:D

I'm really liking the set up idea especially in regards to photo hosting, YouTube media (not that I use it, but so many simmers do!) and the fact that you don't have to go through a million requirements in order to upload your content like MTS.

I really like the simple and easy to read way the content is layed out. I'm not sure if this would replace the way I normally do uploads already, but uploading my content there would be a new safe space to keep all my creations, just in case the worst happens like losing TS3 exchange. :fearful:

I'm in the middle of making a rather large build and will see how this thingy works. :wink:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The wiki is just a showcase site you'd have to still link to the Exchange or a File Share site (I use https://www.simfileshare.net (and I have it set up that you don't have to leave the wiki to download)). So you can totally use the regular Exchange and still showcase on the wiki.

For me I am migrating fully to be TS3 exchange free because last I checked it said my studio was full (and I don't want to delete) and if/when gawd forbid the original exchange is retired I want that piece of mind that I am already fully backed up elsewhere :blush:

Edit: I'd recommend just trying it and if you like it enough when you have time migrate over. It is no pressure and you can do as much or as little on it- I made it for us so I want it easy and simple.
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    > @HollownessDevour said:
    > Well I made it if anyone is interested: https://the-sims-3-exchange.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3_Exchange_Wiki
    >
    > vive le sims 3! Don't stop building!

I'm late to the party! I just started building and uploading. I am a technophobe but this is something I want to explore more. Thank you for setting it up. If i get stuck I will ask my kid for help :D
    Your builds are awesome and very creative <3
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2019
    This is so neat! I'm glad I popped over to this side of the forums.
    Edit: How do I upload to it? Is there a tutorial.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @GraceyManor for uploading images there are several tutorials

For uploading your build it have to be the exchange or a third party host (I use https://simfileshare.net/, cause my studio is pretty much full).

We also have preloaded (set up pages) and tutorials and images of step by step on how to on a few things and I am more than happy to make more as needed :)
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @HollownessDevour, I was looking at the simfileshare and feel like that would be a better thing to use on the wiki than the exchange, but I saw that you have to be invited to set up an account. Can you invite me, please? ;)
  • Options
    @60smusicluvr, yeah in the long run one sad sad day exchange will close so having another file share site as back up I think is wise.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
    This is such a great idea and well executed too.
  • Options
    Our first Renovation Challenge for the month of December is up. For anyone who likes renovation/makeover challenges.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I didn't realize you'd made a post about it here, good place for it. You've done such a great job setting up the wiki Hollow. I hope to add more of my lots there in the lull after the holidays. I've nearly finished my entry for the Renovation Challenge, I hope there will be more popping up.