Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to make....

Other than locking the door, is there anyway for us to stop toddlers from going out the front door? I don't mind back yard because It's all fenced in, but it's odd to see them out front playing with their toys mere feet from passing cars. I find locking it is annoying, cause I have to unlock it every time I want to take them to the park or go for a stroll with them

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    You could place some toys in the backyard for them to go to? If the toys are already there it might prevent them from routing to the front yard
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    animexlifeanimexlife Posts: 36 Member
    They have a toy box in the back yard, but a lot of the times their toys end up in their personal inventory. So they just take that out and play with it.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Move to a house with a foundation :D
  • Options
    lol that's an idea!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Can't you click lock door, and select who CANT open the door, that way only the toddlers can't go out it?
    And your adult sims will be able to still carry them out.
  • Options
    No I tried that a long time ago and it said they couldn't go through with the toddler picture above the routing fail bubble.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    What about if you put a gate in your back fence with the front door locked for the toddler? Maybe that will work?
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Put the main floor upstairs. And the front door at the bottom. ~evil grin~ (yes, it’s scary that I think like this (and I’m a parent). :smirk:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~