Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets are always sick when play rotational

Everytime I play get back to a household that only left ONE day the pets are always sick even though I cured them already recently when was playing the household few sim days before..

It gets annoying to the point of stop owning pets, even the wellness treats I keep buying are running out of my sims inventory because EVERYTIME I play another household again that I left for few days the pets are sick again..

What's even more annoying there's no mod to fix this and I wish there was an option to fix this through MCCC

EA please fix this!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I can handle the rotational sickness, it's the NPC animal sickness that displeases me.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    It is about time they fixed this bug, it seems to have been going on forever.

It particularly grates on me when I rotate back to my vets household and her dog is sick.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I play without mods so still waiting for EA to fix it. It's really annoying. I buy the wellness treats too although I think it's silly I have to do that... It also takes away from the times when the pets are actually sick because I feel nothing for them.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,332 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I noticed this mod a while ago but it's not updated more than a year! (Since June 2018) so I'm very certain it's not compatible with university patch

I wonder if there's a setting in MCCC that turns this off

And yes this bug has been there since cats and dogs release, it's really about time to fix it!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    edited November 2019
    This was the reason why I removed almost all my pets from my households. I could just not be bothered to cure them all the time.

Here is my old Answer HQ thread on this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-needs-are-not-filled-sick-while-playing-another/td-p/6460123

Nothing have happened since 2017.

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Yeah, this is why more than half of my Sims have at least 5 wellness treats in their inventory. I once put the dog hangout on a Granit Falls rental to attract strays to adopt (the household's story was that they found a stray and adopted her while on vacation and brought her home) and I had to go into debug and get a more than a few wellness treats because EVERY single dog was sick with something. I've even had my Sims cure my other Sims' pets when they come across them, either by visiting or meeting them somewhere on an outing.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I play without mods so still waiting for EA to fix it. It's really annoying. I buy the wellness treats too although I think it's silly I have to do that... It also takes away from the times when the pets are actually sick because I feel nothing for them.

Exactly this, all of it
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,761 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

I noticed this mod a while ago but it's not updated more than a year! (Since June 2018) so I'm very certain it's not compatible with university patch

And yes this bug has been there since cats and dogs release, it's really about time to fix it!

I always follow the mod updates after each EA update and wait until all my mods have been updated before playing.

Little Ms. Sam is very good at testing and updating all her mods after each update. She has already updated any mods that needed updating with University and reported all others as fine. She is one of the few I feel quite comfortable using. I don't own Cats and Dogs, but I would definitely use this mod if I did.

Fortunately, updates don't affect every mod. I'm guessing EA hasn't changed much about pets in a while. That's why this mod hasn't needed any updating.

I hope that makes you feel better about using it if you want to use mods at all. I know some prefer not to use them.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »

I always follow the mod updates after each EA update and wait until all my mods have been updated before playing.

Little Ms. Sam is very good at testing and updating all her mods after each update. She has already updated any mods that needed updating with University and reported all others as fine. She is one of the few I feel quite comfortable using. I don't own Cats and Dogs, but I would definitely use this mod if I did.

Fortunately, updates don't affect every mod. I'm guessing EA hasn't changed much about pets in a while. That's why this mod hasn't needed any updating.

I hope that makes you feel better about using it if you want to use mods at all. I know some prefer not to use them.

Yup, all of what they said; not all mods need updating after each patch, especially if nothing has changed in relating to what the mod is for.

I have this mod, it still works.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,527 Member
    I'm so fed up with the sick pets. Why are these issues allowed to run rampant once a pack is over three months old? 😡
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Just one more thing that makes rotational play so difficult. MCCC has a motive decay setting for all Sims and for cats and dogs. I have the ones for cats and dogs set to half of the default amount, and revisit households with pets every four Sim days. This has cut down on the number of sick pets I get while rotating through households. Another trick I use is to send the Sim I am playing to the lots with pets to do wellness checks, and if I find a sick pet there, I then offer the pet a wellness treat. And I use debug to load up on those wellness treats so all my Sims have at least six in their inventories. It's much faster than going to the vet clinic, and I only go to the clinic to have pets spayed and neutered. But I'm at the point in this save I am currently playing where my newly married Sims are throwing whims to have babies. So tonight I am going to set the motive decay for the pets down even more to see if this will buy me an extra day or two in my current rotation schedule. I will let you know how it goes if you're interested. :)
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I really want to like having pets around, but them being sick all the time makes me want to put them all up for adoption :(
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    Yeah, I don’t use mods and custom content. I don’t know why they let strays even get sick since you aren’t playing them. I wish they would lower how often pets get sick too.
  • Options
    heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    Seeing sick pets stresses me out so much lol. I know the functionality is there to provide a reason for sims to populate the veterinarian lots, but the sick animal animations are so unnerving.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I feel like the main problem is there is no "cooldown" for animals getting sick. Once they get cured they can immediately get sick right away if you're unlucky enough. Tbh it makes living in Brindleton bay so...depressing to see sick animals everywhere.
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I really want to like having pets around, but them being sick all the time makes me want to put them all up for adoption :(
    Same, you have a cat/dog for one day and they have already gotten sick three times. Either that or they suddenly stop being housebroken and start pooping in every room.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, thanks for bringing this up. I hope they fix this. It is annoying for rotational play.

I've also taken to stashing wellness treats in a sim's inventory but I'd prefer for this to be corrected. I don't mind that pets get sick but that they always get sick during rotational play is annoying. As soon as I return to a household, I need to feed one of those treats or urgently rush to the vet which isn't practical.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Has anyone else had this issue where the sims always rudely introduce to pets and strays.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Buy vet treats and feed them to your pets ever so often. They’ll keep them well.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I hate that too, is it really a bug? I mean, the game generates sick pets (townies) to fill the vet clinic, so you have patients when you play yourself and of course to fill the lot, when you visit the vet. But the game also takes existing pets to fill the lot.. maybe it's done on purpose?!
    And yes, it annoys me, so I barely have pets anymore (all families with pets have an examination table and they cure their pet at home) but thats not a real solution. I just dont want all sims being vets. In real life not everyone can cure their pets themselves xD
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I play on rotation and notice this too. Every time I switch to a house with a pet, the pet is always sick, and I have to take it to the Vet. Good idea to stock up on wellness treats, but I thought these can't cure a pet illness, only help prevent them? Can the pet be cured at home with a treat?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I play on rotation and notice this too. Every time I switch to a house with a pet, the pet is always sick, and I have to take it to the Vet. Good idea to stock up on wellness treats, but I thought these can't cure a pet illness, only help prevent them? Can the pet be cured at home with a treat?

They can! We shouldn't HAVE to do this, as others have mentioned, it kind of takes away from the feelings you might get if a pet were actually sic, but the wellness treats do work as a cure.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I also have the same issues and I hate it. They really should fix it and make the percentage of having sick animals less.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen