Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This Is possible?

LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
Hello fellow simmers,

I saw this out of curiosity, I don't have a Mac myself or the lion version, but something did catch my attention!

Link to where I found this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Information-for-Mac-users-running-macOS-Lion-10-7/m-p/8261579/thread-id/20612

Will I have access to the Gallery if I don’t get any additional updates?

Yes, you will continue to have access to the Gallery where you can both upload and download content.

I was under the impression that, if I did not want to update/patch my game, I had to play offline, it is the only way to get into the game. I thought that once in game, connecting back to the gallery would turn internet back on and the updates/patches would download into my game. Reading this, it seems I may have had the wrong impression!

If I understand correctly, there is a way to use the gallery without the patch updating into your game? :open_mouth:

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    One thing I have done is I will be offline when I log into Origin, start-up my game. Even though I have my game set up to not automatically download, sometimes if I'm connected to the internet in it won't let me play because instead play it will say something about downloading the patch. Once your game is started then connect to the internet to gain access to the gallery. I've done this quite a few times.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    I usually patch my game like, 3 or 4 patches late, so I have automatic patch download turned off and go offline in origin to boot up my game. Otherwise, if origin is online it will say I can't play the game until I patch. If I want to use the gallery, after the game is loaded up offline, you can just go to setting in the game and switch back to online, or click the gallery tab and it'll ask if you wanna go online to connect. It won't force you to patch once you're already in the game, or cause any trouble, but you won't be able to download anything from the gallery that has been uploaded since you've last patched. So the longer you go without patching the harder it is to find compatible gallery items.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've been without internet access for the last two weeks. I wasn't able to download new creations, but I could still access my library, both adding Sims and lots to it and putting Sims and lots into my game from the library.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Oh thank you guys so much I didn’t realize that I could get into the gallery and it wouldn’t force me to patch thank you!!!!

Also @Rouenpucelle that is what I have been doing, but sometimes it’s hard to find builds thank you as well