Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giving birth at hospital

Hey hey

Anyone know why whoever i ask to join me at the hospital to be there while my sim gives birth always leaves as soon as they arrive?
Would be nice if the Father of the child hung around!!! haha

does this happen to everyone else???

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I've had the father stay. It's been a while since I played a birth though, so not entirely sure a patch hasn't changed things.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It might be the time of day. If he has a job and its his work hours, maybe that's why he's leaving right away. At least I've had that with club gatherings. My dad's always stay, might be because they're always part of the household I'm playing, and won't go to work without me telling them to?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    This has been happening in my game for years. If the Sim is in your household and you're controlling them, then they'll stay for the birth but if it's a NPC that you've invited, they leave as soon as they hit the lot. Pretty annoying.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Mine normally stay, but I need to direct them as they quickly change focus. Yesterday a dad watching the birth suddenly walked over to the next room to watch a poster (!) while his wife was giving birth... I never brought a sim who is not part of the household, though (if possible). And I never ask anyone to join, I just click the pregnant female, choose "give birth at hospital" and "join", then I can choose from relations the way you do when someone is traveling. Oh my, I never tried to bring a full household, just 1 sim - next birth I'll try to bring a full crowd, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Mine normally stay, but I need to direct them as they quickly change focus. Yesterday a dad watching the birth suddenly walked over to the next room to watch a poster (!) while his wife was giving birth... I never brought a sim who is not part of the household, though (if possible). And I never ask anyone to join, I just click the pregnant female, choose "give birth at hospital" and "join", then I can choose from relations the way you do when someone is traveling. Oh my, I never tried to bring a full household, just 1 sim - next birth I'll try to bring a full crowd, LOL.

That's not possible. I wish it was, though. :/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »

Ouch, would be fun, though! Thanks!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i think i might be missing something here-- how do you invite a sim to watch a birth? i never realised that was an option
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    When you tell the pregnant Sim to have the baby at the hospital, click "join" and you'll get to choose one Sim to go with them.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ashystar wrote: »
    Hey hey

Anyone know why whoever i ask to join me at the hospital to be there while my sim gives birth always leaves as soon as they arrive?
    Would be nice if the Father of the child hung around!!! haha

does this happen to everyone else???

Yes. If the father is not part of the household he usually leaves right away. It is so annoying. Why bother asking anyone to join if they are just going to leave. This has been an issue forever.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »

It's not possible in RL, either. I have been at the hospital for four of my grandchildren's birth. My daughter was having a C-Section (which is what I liken the hospital birth in the game to) and I had to stay in the room, while my son-in-law was with her in the OR. It's not easy waiting alone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It happens to me too unless the other Sim is part of the active household. Poor scripting, I assume.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'm too afraid to go to the hospital for that.... Last time my sim spent 24 hours standing in pain in front of the desk while the nurse was probably playing blick block, because the doctor wasn't there.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    @SiliClone This weird stuff has been happening to me too. Suddenly the Dr goes home when my sim is in the middle of being operated on! Or they all just clear off and the receptionist stands talking to his friend for four hours oblivious to anyone needing medical attention (Though this made me laugh because it does ape real life). I wonder if it's a bug or if Sims doctors are striking until they get better pay.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sim autonomy in general doesn't make a lot of sense. it isn't just watching child birthing, it goes through a lot of things:

so say your sim is dangerously tired and needs to sleep but you got a cofeee maker downstairs. the sim doesn't go to sleep like it is a lower priority order or something, no your sim goes for the coffee maker instead!

Say your fridge is full of fantastic home cooked food, some of it quality style gourmet stuff, but there is a grill outside. so instead of getting something nice from the fridge, they go for the grill instead, places the food in their inventory or on a table outside. so before long that food spoils. the next morning, a hungry sim comes down and grabs a spoiled burger, eats it instead of cleaning it up. So yeah, some pretty twisted autonomy priorities going on.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Does the Father live in the same house? It doesnt happen in my game and I visited hospital with my pregnant sims frequently
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Sim autonomy in general doesn't make a lot of sense. it isn't just watching child birthing, it goes through a lot of things:

so say your sim is dangerously tired and needs to sleep but you got a cofeee maker downstairs. the sim doesn't go to sleep like it is a lower priority order or something, no your sim goes for the coffee maker instead!

Say your fridge is full of fantastic home cooked food, some of it quality style gourmet stuff, but there is a grill outside. so instead of getting something nice from the fridge, they go for the grill instead, places the food in their inventory or on a table outside. so before long that food spoils. the next morning, a hungry sim comes down and grabs a spoiled burger, eats it instead of cleaning it up. So yeah, some pretty twisted autonomy priorities going on.

They go to sleep only after a certain hour. Before that it's either the coffee or a nap.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Hospitals should be editable without the glicthes that come afterwards if you try to edit them. And the gameplay should be less repetitive. The fact that you can't have two sims from your household work together in the hospital giving you the ability to switch from one to the other is not right.