Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher not accessing the website; Is having the Sims 3 on the D drive having some consequence?

A couple days ago. I had uninstalled from my C drive to my D drive my origin games by changing the origin game library location through Origin. I started the game launcher and tried to login. Didn't work, it kept popping back up not showing an invalid id/password so, I started a new game and tried to sign in then. It gave me an invalid id/password. I login to the sims store, ea and this forum. Password and ID work every time. Did a clearing of all my caches and tried again. NOPE. Did a hard reset on internet explorer, making sure preserve settings is unchecked. Tried to login to game launcher and nope, game wouldn't access the web. Did a reset of my router and tried again. Nope again. So, ran trace and contacted EA help to find out if they have an answer. Found out it's a recent problem, they are working on it and to keep an eye on their EA twitter. Which has not mentioned anything.

Meanwhile, I login to sims store to download my purchased cc and install it. For some reason the launcher doesn't want to recognized that the items I downloaded are installed. Also they've downloaded to my Documents folders which is on my C drive and I don't have a lot room which is why I'm moving everything to my D drive since it's way bigger. Is have the Sims 3 on the D drive instead of C having some impact to the login issue? Also, if I move my Documents folder to D drive will the launcher still recognize it?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2019
    I had this issue as well.When you say you cleared your cache does that include IE's cache? Even if you don't use Internet Explorer, the launcher does, and 95% of the time clearing the cache helps.If you can't find it, do a search on your computer for "Internet Explorer" Not microsoft edge.
  • Options
    RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    @GraceyManor I cleared all four browsers on my computer: chrome, edge, firefox, and lastly internet explorer which I found via typing it in the search box. Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2019
    Found out it's a recent problem, they are working on it and to keep an eye on their EA twitter. Which has not mentioned anything.
    It's been like that for over 8 yrs. I don't even bother trying to Login with the Launcher it's not like you actually need to Login with the Launcher to download from the Store. I just use my web browser to Login and let the Launcher just download what I want.

*Edit*
    Also they don't automatically install when they download just move the downloads to Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Downloads folder on the D drive then call up the launcher and install them.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    @ScottDemon The thing is this has happened before and resetting the explorer is what usually fixes it. It didn't work this time which means it's a similar problem as last time but requires a different fix.
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    @RosemaryStar yes I know about resetting Explorer can temporarily fix the problem. I've played the game since 2010 the launcher login has always been buggy. Truth be told the launcher itself has always been a pile poo.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    I finally got it to work! I had to run registry cleaner for another issue that popped up with my computer and when I next played I could log into the launcher.