Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Butler Disappeared, Fixed!!

So I've been reading a lot about how butlers disappear.
I've found that deleting their assigned bed and then placing a new bed for them, assigning it to them, could make them come back.
If you don't have a good relationship with them, talk to them, ask them how their day is going, they can leave. So take an hour out of your day to chat them up.
ResetSim does not work if the butler has vanished into thin air.
Also, the main reason I am posting this is because my butler would always disappear after moving to a new house. I couldn't dismiss her, call her, invite her over, or even find her in game and I couldn't hire a new one.
The solution I came up with, is to open your friends panel, go to their picture, right click and then send them insulting texts until you get a pop-up saying they have quit.
I know most people won't want to do this, as for they might really like this butler. But the thing to do after they quit is to repair the relationship before you hire a new butler, just send them happy or whichever one will make the former butler feel good texts, call, invite over, whatever you wish. Once you are out of the red with them, then hire a new butler, see if they come back.
If not, then give them an hour and fire them. Hire a new one. More times than not, if you don't get the former butler back the first time, you should only have to do this once more or twice.
It sounds like a handle full of blah blah to do for one servant, but this is the fix that has always worked for me.
Hope this helps everyone having trouble with their butlers!!

Comments

• Options
    VeravanVeravan Posts: 1 New Member
    What if you don’t know who butler is ? Can’t set bed, can’t fire
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @Veravan I find the butler in the relationships panel, under "All". If your sim haven't befriended them they are an aquaintance. They have a suit and look proper, and have a monocle I think. You can Invite out/over and then fire them if you want; or if you have UL (?) maybe send insulting texts till they quit. When they first arrive to the home lot when hired, place out a bed and set ownership on it: Set as Butler [Name's] bed. When your sim is at their home at the same time as the butler there will be a little house symbol on the butler's icon in relationsships panel.

If this does not work, maybe exit the game and delete the caches in Sims 3 folder will. You could also after that evict the family and then put them directly back in the house in the same Edit Town session. This step will make them loose their wishes and promises.