Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the purpose of the friends list on the Origin launcher?

A long time ago there was a couple of people on my friend's list on the Origin launcher, but I never interacted with them. Is there a purpose to this list, or is there something I am missing?

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I mean it might have a use for multiplayer games, considering it's like Steam's friends list but for the Sims I think it's just to see when your friends are playing and maybe talk to them. I feel like it would be a lot more useful with multiplayer games though

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited July 2019
    I chat with friends and people I know whom I have on the list. I thought its purpose was kind of obvious :|

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    the purpose if for user to talk with each others or inviting them to one's game, such as dead space 3 or titanfall.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've been wondering this also. Thanks all who replied.

So basically with The Sims it's only for chatting with people?

(still makes me kinda sad when it always tells me none of your friends - which I have a full zero btw - play this game hehe )
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    It's linked to your EA account. I have friends on mine as I play Simpsons tapped out so visit friends worlds as part of the gameplay, but that therefore means it also links to origin
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It has no real purpose. I can proudly say that my "friends list" on Origin has no one. But I also play offline 99.9% of the time. My actual friends come over to my home, or I go to their place so we can play multiplayer games on a couch. Guess I am still old school.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    A long time ago there was a couple of people on my friend's list on the Origin launcher, but I never interacted with them. Is there a purpose to this list, or is there something I am missing?

I think it's so you can chat while you play. I used to hate being interrupted when I was working on my Sim's singing career. Perhaps, I wasn't the only one, so this was the answer? I don't know. I have been notified when my whole 2 friends start playing Sims3, but I don't really know them. It could also have been an attempt to create a sense of security, so that you can chat with people you know who play the game. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I had some I didn't know, hadn't invited but they just turned up there. That was when Origin started though. I had to block them.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Add me and I’ll explain its purpose
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Its so that the 3 friends I have there can see that I'm still alive and well, and playing Sims, when I remember to go out of invisibility mode.