Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

removing eye shine help

simicapsimicap Posts: 85 Member
So I am trying to remove the eye shine of cc eyes but I've hit a snag I followed the instructions here:https://luumiasims.com/post/176055728626/pretty-self-explanatory-a-mod-that-removes-the but with the newest version of sims 4 studio I don't see any "Make Blank" button. I would really appreciate some help. I am very new to making/editing cc so please treat me like I have no idea what I'm doing, because It's true :smile: Thank you

Comments

• Options
    gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    simicap wrote: »
    So I am trying to remove the eye shine of cc eyes but I've hit a snag I followed the instructions here:https://luumiasims.com/post/176055728626/pretty-self-explanatory-a-mod-that-removes-the but with the newest version of sims 4 studio I don't see any "Make Blank" button. I would really appreciate some help. I am very new to making/editing cc so please treat me like I have no idea what I'm doing, because It's true :smile: Thank you

yes all you have to do to remove the reflections (metallic and shiny) from the CC is remove the Especular Textures, so on the place you export/import textures, will be a buttom called 'Make Blank' click it over Especular and save it, thats it.

[img][/img]48124837466_3652c8eb37_b.jpgexampl by Gustavo Lacerda Homem Assumpcao, no Flickr

PS - the 'Make Blank' button will only appear AFTER you click over SPECULAR on the texture selector, as shown on the picture up... and im using last version of Sim4Studio so it will work for you ;)

• Options
    okay now I see the make blank button but can't click on it a little more help would greatly appreciated I feel so dumb
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    okay now I see the make blank button but can't click on it a little more help would greatly appreciated I feel so dumb

if you cannot click it, its because you dont have a especular. i assume both screens at its side are all white? if this is the case you already dont have a specular texture on Sim4Studio, however the mesh could be altered somehow on blender.. at this point you need to post a picture of this eye.. this 'shinny' you talk about could be just the texture itself also.
  • Options
    okay thanks for trying
  • Options
    okay thanks for trying

as i said, i need a picture of the or even better, the link of the CC so i can download and see for myself what you want
  • Options
    https://chiefwhiskers.tumblr.com/post/160841373413/moonstone-eyes-i-was-really-in-the-mood-to-make if you can do it I'd very grateful but if not thank you anyway btw I really like your avatar! :p
  • Options
    https://chiefwhiskers.tumblr.com/post/160841373413/moonstone-eyes-i-was-really-in-the-mood-to-make if you can do it I'd very grateful but if not thank you anyway btw I really like your avatar! :p

lol thanks! its She-Ra from master of the universe, if you want you could upload her for you :D

About the mod; i download it and examin it;

That CC dont have a specular like i tought, the glow you see is a fantastic texture job on photohop, saying that, you cant remove the glow without doing a hole new CC... what you could do here is finding a similar texture without the glow.. its impossible to me to somehow remove the glow effect on photoshop, and even if i could the final texture would be ugly.. i saw tons of eyes like the ones you want on the net. pretty sure u can find it.
  • Options
    no I think she's fine where she is I'm very grateful for your help :)