The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Chickens: Hint at Farming Pack?

Do you think the addition of chickens wandering around is a hint at a future Farming pack?

It seems the biggest Island Living hint came from Get Famous in the form of boats in the Del Sol Valley neighborhood driveways. Could the next hint be walking around the island?
Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com

Island Living Chickens: Hint at Farming Pack? 59 votes

Yes
27%
Madstarletkeekee53DJQ1308catloverplayerldmarkoashcrash19taydevMaggieMarleyInternal_ChaosMsReid113domina89FreezerBunnyCowplantabelhinha35Ms_Mikasimms745Wispye 16 votes
No
72%
Akl500Pauroraael14JeanIdontrcallalexspoom13love7680overonPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannIrdiwenJestTruloubyloulougamekittenMilutinMujovicelelunicySakuske1wormstache999DevilNDisguisestormycurlsXxAirixX 43 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    No
    I think hints can be found for anything if you look hard enough. There were also cars in get famous but that doesn't mean they will bring cars to the game
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No
    Really. Chickens are everywhere in places like what I assume Sulani was based on, it makes perfect sense for chickens to be there.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    Yes
    Really. Chickens are everywhere in places like what I assume Sulani was based on, it makes perfect sense for chickens to be there.

Well sure, but you could argue it makes perfect sense for the boats to have been in the driveways. It's a pretty common thing for people to park their water toys in the driveway. It adds a nice sense of realism, as do the chickens. Honestly just curious what people thought.
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,423 Member
    Yes
    I said yes in the sense that they could be testing the models to see how hard or easy it is to make farm animals for a future pack--plus as a nod to certain island life in real countries.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I think the Island Living chickens are a hint that they watched Moana, lol... ;)
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2019
    Man I hope not, all the birds in game currently are literal garbage :D
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    No
    i dont think its a hint, but i think there will be a farming pack later on
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    No
    No I don't see a hint here but still a possibility we'll get farming since it's so highly requested.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    Yes
    Yes I do.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    No
    The boats in DSV were not a hint at Island Living, did you confirm this somewhere?... Also there are tons of chickens in Polynesian islands - not a hint. However I do believe it's likely a farming pack is coming soon, but not that that's a hint. :)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    Maybe not the next pack, but somewhere down the road.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    No
    I really hope not. While a farming pack could be fun and interesting, I just can't see it actually being good. There are also a lot of other packs that should come first, like more sci-fi, fantasy/occult, university, etc. before more plain/normal gameplay.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No
    No and I hope it won't be an expansion. If people called Island Living boring, I can't even imagine anything fun we can do on a farm then. Milk a cow?