Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims won't tan ??

SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
edited February 2023 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
For some reason when i send my sims off to sunbathe, it wont allow me to add suncream to my sims because its saying they are burnt, which they aren't. and then when they do burn, no tan seems to show. They are wearing island living clothing so cc clothes isn't the problem.

Is anyone else having this issue ??
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    seems as tho this is a mod issue as i removed the folder and my sim has a tan, so looks like im gonna have to go through and see what mod is causing this. GREAT :(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Almost certainly a skin mod that's not an overlay. Alpha channels on most need updating. See https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17116992/#Comment_17116992
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah it’s the CC skin you’re using. A Youtuber had the same issue.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I don't have cc skin, ive narrowed it down to it being one of my script mods. Either the dating app or pre school for toddlers mod is causing it. :)
  • Options
    staywithcalliestaywithcallie Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same issue but I can’t work out where it’s happening. Will have to just remove all my CC and mods?😪
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    What i did was just take out all my script mods, and then added them one at a time and testing the game each time to see which one it was :)
  • Options
    Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    What i did was just take out all my script mods, and then added them one at a time and testing the game each time to see which one it was :)

Did you manage to find which one was causing problems? I’m having the same issue.
  • Options
    My simda dating app mod needed updating
    Elliee1984 wrote: »

Did you manage to find which one was causing problems? I’m having the same issue.

• Options
    caravaggistacaravaggista Posts: 3 New Member
    I've noticed quite disappointingly that aliens can't tan. The game says they must have "weird" skin properties. But this means my aliens can't complete beach life aspirations! I hope they add a work around, like letting them tan when they're in disguise. :( :(
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I never considered that it would block Aliens and Vampires from the Aspiration.... who quality checked this?
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    I've noticed quite disappointingly that aliens can't tan. The game says they must have "weird" skin properties. But this means my aliens can't complete beach life aspirations! I hope they add a work around, like letting them tan when they're in disguise. :(:(
    Akil wrote: »
    I never considered that it would block Aliens and Vampires from the Aspiration.... who quality checked this?

Mermaids also cannot tan, so no beach life for my mermaid without cheating. :(
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    I've noticed quite disappointingly that aliens can't tan. The game says they must have "weird" skin properties. But this means my aliens can't complete beach life aspirations! I hope they add a work around, like letting them tan when they're in disguise. :(:(
    Akil wrote: »

Mermaids also cannot tan, so no beach life for my mermaid without cheating. :(

My merman tanned. Maybe it has to do with which skin you choose for them as merperson? I gave mine the same light human skin as merman, and he tanned just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top