Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler questions

happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
It's been a while since Vintage Glamour came out and I haven't seen any info about these:

-Has anyone found a way to change the butler uniform ? Whether simply changing its color or using something else entirely. Changing regular CAS outfits does nothing for a butler work attire. Is there a cheat to edit a sim's career outfit with their id that works for non controlled sims ?

-Is there an invisible trait to make a playable sim act like a butler, bell ringing et all ? Or even a buff like the sims.add_buff NPC_Maid, though I doubt it due to the complex interactions

This is not a jab at current butlers, I like the ones I have, I just want something more experimental now.
Like a vampire Bonehilda behaving like a butler.

-Edit- I just realized Vintage Glamour is a stuff pack not a gamepack, wrong section, woops
Post edited by happyopi on

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    It's been a while since Vintage Glamour came out and I haven't seen any info about these:

-Has anyone found a way to change the butler uniform ? Whether simply changing its color or using something else entirely. Changing regular CAS outfits does nothing for a butler work attire. Is there a cheat to edit a sim's career outfit with their id that works for non controlled sims ?

-Is there an invisible trait to make a playable sim act like a butler, bell ringing et all ? Or even a buff like the sims.add_buff NPC_Maid, though I doubt it due to the complex interactions

This is not a jab at current butlers, I like the ones I have, I just want something more experimental now.

-Edit- I just realized Vintage Glamour is a stuff pack not a gamepack, wrong section, woops

I attempted to change my butler clothes through cheat/fullcaseditmode and the only thing that changed where body related things like hair, body, skin, etc. Clothing stayed the same though. As far as playable butler I think that is not possible.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You could always create a club and make the activities cleaning, cooking and repairing. I did that once; worked a treat.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

Have to warn you about vampire part, you can't assign a butler a coffin so they will go sleep in bed you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 no matter what. So be really hard to make sure your butler as dark energy replenished. If you plan on having a vampire butler, just a heads up have brought it up a couple times but not sure if we will get an assign coffin for butler in future.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    calaprfy wrote: »
    You could always create a club and make the activities cleaning, cooking and repairing. I did that once; worked a treat.
    That's a briliant idea, thank you !
    Have to warn you about vampire part, you can't assign a butler a coffin so they will go sleep in bed you plum no matter what.
    Aw man, thanks for the heads-up. They really missed an oportunity with vampire butlers there.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I love having a butler, but can't stand that when I load the lot after my sim returns from somewhere or I'm starting to play, it'll be a different Butler spawned each time. It's very annoying!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    I love having a butler, but can't stand that when I load the lot after my sim returns from somewhere or I'm starting to play, it'll be a different Butler spawned each time. It's very annoying!

Yeah that is very big pain for me too, not sure why on earth that happens or why it is not being fixed. Especially frustrating if you got a good friendly relationship going with butler, was lucky with butler traits then all sudden end with a very bad butler with horrible butler traits.

• Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 314 Member
    Vampire butlers: As long as they don't have the weakness that prevents them sleeping in beds, sleeping in a bed will replenish their energy. I played a vampire butler for awhile and it was fine. You can't control butlers so there really isn't any way that they would have any powers or weaknesses.

Change their clothing: I think there is a mod for that now at MTS. It's called Hired Help.

Invisible trait: Butlers do have a hidden trait and hidden buff that identifies them as butlers. I don't know how you would add those to regular sims though, or if it would actually make them act like butlers.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    How can you find out what are the Butler's traits?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Are you allowed only one butler?
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

Yeah that is very big pain for me too, not sure why on earth that happens or why it is not being fixed. Especially frustrating if you got a good friendly relationship going with butler, was lucky with butler traits then all sudden end with a very bad butler with horrible butler traits.

Yup, I hate it sooo much and hope it gets patched!

@mebagl15, butlers are actual townies that show up in household management so you could open that and take them to CAS to see their traits. Or do the testingcheats true + cas.fulleditmode then shift + click on your butler to do it from within your lot while they're working. You can change their appearance this way too.

@calaprfy, yes only one butler per household.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

You can go to unplayed families and find him/her there.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Did the Butler do it?
  • Options
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Change their clothing: I think there is a mod for that now at MTS. It's called Hired Help.

Thanks a lot for pointing out this mod ! It's gonna help me achieve what I had in mind with other butlers.
    Although I was really set on having Bonehilda sleep in a coffin so she's just playable with the maid buff for now. It'll do.
  • Options
    Victoria8739Victoria8739 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone having a problem editing butlers? I have done testingcheats true and cas.fulleditmode, and every time when I shift click on the butler and click modify in cas, it takes me to edit the family instead. Any solutions?
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Is anyone having a problem editing butlers? I have done testingcheats true and cas.fulleditmode, and every time when I shift click on the butler and click modify in cas, it takes me to edit the family instead. Any solutions?
    There is an issue with that cheat right now. It is under investigation. The suggested workaround is to go to Manage World and edit the Sim from there.
  • Options
    xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    Is there a way for my sim to cheat with the butler without the butler getting jealous of her husband flirting with her? This particular butler had the non committal trait to , they had a night of passion and whilst I looked away for a second the husband greeted her with a kiss ruining the butlers and my sims romance bar :( I gave up and fired him as he kept insulting my sim aha but for future reference is there a way?

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Is there a way for my sim to cheat with the butler without the butler getting jealous of her husband flirting with her? This particular butler had the non committal trait to , they had a night of passion and whilst I looked away for a second the husband greeted her with a kiss ruining the butlers and my sims romance bar :( I gave up and fired him as he kept insulting my sim aha but for future reference is there a way?

the noncommittal trait does nothing for jealousy, the only trait that does is the "Player" trait which is a reward for completing the serial romantic aspiration. You could either earn the trait or cheat it for yourself, but that would be the only way (besides using mods)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

Intoduce the sim to the butler and click on 'get to know'. If the butler has traits like evil, lazy, etc., fir him/her and hire a new one. It usually takes me three or four times before I get an acceptable butler.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member

No. The butler is technically not part of the family. If you don't like the butler, fire him/her and get a new one. Remember to 'get to know' to see if you like their traits before keeping him/her.
  • Options
    CaseyBlueCaseyBlue Posts: 26 Member
    From the trailer, it looks like you can summon the butler with a bell. If so, where is it located and how does it work? Also, my butler has a basement room he never leaves, acts like a guest and to dismiss him and hire a new one, the same thing happens if he shows up at all! Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    CaseyBlue wrote: »
    From the trailer, it looks like you can summon the butler with a bell. If so, where is it located and how does it work? Also, my butler has a basement room he never leaves, acts like a guest and to dismiss him and hire a new one, the same thing happens if he shows up at all! Any ideas? Thanks!

The bell is only a part of the Sim interaction, when you change a setting on the Butler in the Butler tab when you click on said butler. There is no actual bell. Have you tried deleting the butler's household entirely through Manage Worlds, then hire another one? Perhaps trying a brand new butler may fix it. If not, I would suggest to repair your game.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,281 Member
    Click on the butler and tell him to do something eg. cook a family meal. Your sim will then take the bell to summon the butler.

9agbcimztzpk.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Did the Butler do it?

Yes, yes he did.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    heyyquinnheyyquinn Posts: 1 New Member
    > @pearlbh said:
    > Vampire butlers: As long as they don't have the weakness that prevents them sleeping in beds, sleeping in a bed will replenish their energy. I played a vampire butler for awhile and it was fine. You can't control butlers so there really isn't any way that they would have any powers or weaknesses.
    >
    > Change their clothing: I think there is a mod for that now at MTS. It's called Hired Help.
    >
    > Invisible trait: Butlers do have a hidden trait and hidden buff that identifies them as butlers. I don't know how you would add those to regular sims though, or if it would actually make them act like butlers.

OMG Ive been looking for a way to change the butler outfit many times. THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    FairyIcePrincessFairyIcePrincess Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been having the same problem with my butler. She wasn't doing any work like cleaning then i found out that she had a slob trait so i changed it to a neat trait and added a family oriented to make her take care of the kids