Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pose Questions?

What are Poses? What do you do with them? Do you need special software to us them? Where do they go in the game? Mods Folder or someplace different? Are they like Mods by controling sim actions?

I downloaded a creator made stuff pack. There is a folder labeled "Pose" with package files in it. The files are labeled with actions. What do I do with it?

I see them when I download cc, but never get them because I have no idea what to do with them. Can someone help me?

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Poses exactly what it says, poses. And no, you don't need special software unless you count the pose player mod. If you want a link to it, just tag me. Anyways, poses go into the mods folder and, assuming you have the pose player installed, when you click on sims there will be two options, pose by pack and pose by name. They go much more in-depth at the download site. And what do you do with them? Well, that one's a little tricky. I use them for stories and to "do actions" that can't actually be done. For example, a cross-legged sit. I hope this helped!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    mkasmlmkasml Posts: 69 Member
    To use poses found online
    you need this mod: sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio?page=1
    The pose-player will enable an action in your sim's action chart called ''Pose by Name'' and ''Pose By Pack''

Pose by name means you will have to write into the screen the name of the pose you want the sim to perform following the text file from Andrews Studio (ONLY for EA animations and poses)

Pose by pack doesn't require any typing, a menu pops up with all the poses you have installed in your ''Mods'' folder, you simply choose whichever ones you want your sim to perform.

I suggest you also get the Teleport Sim Anywhere, which is a White Knight statue that when you place it somewhere, you can make a sim teleport to it so you can pose your sims on any spot you want.

• Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thanks it cleared up some of my questions. I'll just have to fool around with this and figure it out.