Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My biggest frustration about dogs

Is that it's hard for them to go out and pee in apartments, especially if they're puppies. Why they didn't include a newspaper item that dogs could pee on is beyond me. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't either Sims 2 or 3 have this?
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No idea on TS3. Don't remember a paper in TS2, even in buy mode, it was either outside or a mess to mop up. But then, I didn't bother with pets while in an apartment. I rember litter boxes, but not sure if puppies could use them. Would need to dig out my TS2 pets guide book.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think that's a bug. There are some apartments where the dogs can go out with the elevators just fine and there are others where they can't. I don't know which of the two behaviors is supposed to be a bug but I imagine it should work one way or the other.

I've been waiting for them to fix this since C&D release but no luck there :/ Wouldn't really need to add newspapers or anything like that if they could just go down on their own
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I actually don't like pets in TS4, this thing you said is really annoying, they can take the elevators alone after they learned how to pee in proper places, but before that is really difficult on apartments. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that we cannot control them, but they count as part of the max number of sims in the house.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Can’t dogs use litter boxes or is that a cat thing? I don’t know anything about dogs.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Ult1mat3XUlt1mat3X Posts: 11 New Member
    Why is hard to create a toilet for them in house?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Is that it's hard for them to go out and pee in apartments, especially if they're puppies. Why they didn't include a newspaper item that dogs could pee on is beyond me. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't either Sims 2 or 3 have this?

There is a newspaper rug in TS4 that came with Cats and Dogs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2019
    Puppies and dogs are frustrating for a few reasons in the Sims 4.

1, Puppies can't use stairs meaning my sims have to constantly take them outside to pee and then back inside if the house has a foundation.
    2, Dogs can only be walked one at a time meaning having more than one dog is a huge chore as it takes a long time to walk them.
    3, Dogs can only be walked by one sim. I would like for more family members to be able to join on the dog walk activity.

I'm a dog person in real life but in the sims I find myself preferring cats because they're easier to take care of.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Puppies and dogs are frustrating for a few reasons in the Sims 4.

1, Puppies can't use stairs meaning my sims have to constantly take them outside to pee and then back inside if the house has a foundation.
    2, Dogs can only be walked one at a time meaning having more than one dog is a huge chore as it takes a long time to walk them.
    3, Dogs can only be walked by one sim. I would like for more family members to be able to join on the dog walk activity.

I'm a dog person in real life but in the sims I find myself preferring cats because they're easier to take care of.

This is why I'm considering sims owning dogs only once they've retired so that they have the time.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I only play pets because of MCCC and the ability in the mod to entirely disable their needs. Especially dogs! Who bathes their dog like every three days, and it seems they need to go out every two minutes, and they get sick like once a week. It's too much. So if for some reason I can't have a mod to disable need decay for them I won't play them anymore. I have 3 dogs and 1 cat URL whom I adore, but pets in S4 get really annoying at times.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Glad I popped in here to read. I have yet to have cats or dogs with any of my sims who live in apartments. I do have the mod in by Little Ms Sam that allows a sim to walk more than one dog at a time. Which is a life saver for my one sim family. They have three dogs, and it was getting old really fast having to walk them one by one.

Who knows, maybe if we ask nicely the can tweak some files or something and adjust how dirty they get, how often they get sick ( super annoying)m and how many pets can be walked at once.

I think there is also a mod that allows puppies and kittens to use stairs. But I'm not 100% on that.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, dogs in apartments is not a good mix unless you have a Sims who has a lot of free time and can take them out for walks to do their business frequently.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There is a newspaper rug in TS4 that came with Cats and Dogs.

It's decorative only.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    There is a newspaper rug, I wish it was compatible to be a potty spot inside.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Honestly, with pets, I only have them in households that live in Brendleton Bay. I just don't bother with them elsewhere. But, I'm just not into them that much anyway. I miss doghouses, I like dogs that live outside, like in Sims 2.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Well, also in RL it's a bit harder raising dogs in a flat rather than in a house in the countryside. I have only one city household with dogs, and they do get outside on their own. They are grown ups, though, never tried with puppies.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2019
    Well can’t you go downstairs and then call your dog over? Or can you put them on a leash and take them down. In real life dogs don’t use the elevator by themselves, their owners take them down. Or if they are puppies, can you carry them down?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Well can’t you go downstairs and then call your dog over? Or can you put them on a leash and take them down. In real life dogs don’t use the elevator by themselves, their owners take them down. Or if they are puppies, can you carry them down?

its an APARTMENT unit
    6adMCGP.gif