May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we get an Online Dating Feature

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Please add the following options

Our sims can make profiles

Sim profiles should list their skills,turn ons and turn offs,traits and their favorites and of course their picture.

Options to allow/disallow married sims to show on the dating profiles

Flirty Chat Option Online another way sims can meet romantically.

If your sim is accepted you pick the time and place to meetup

An Attraction and Chemistry System

A Friends with Benefits Option meaning you can do romantic interactions and woohoo without being in a committed relationship. No jealousy will happen unless your using FWB to cheat on your spouse/lover.

FWB would be an option on the PC or phone. You'd have to become friends before romancing them. When you pick fwb your both agreeing to a plutonic friendship with romance but no commitment.

Blind Date Option

If the date is successful your sim will get some roses left and a love letter which will go in their inventory. Bad dates will result in a letter or text saying they dont ever want to see you again.

Woohooty Text. Send one of these to your FWB or Lover and they ll be right over. I'd like the option to choose were they woohoo when they get there too eg bed,hottub,shower etc.

The option to choose the gender of your choice eg if a female sim prefers males if the relationship didnt work she could try with a female.

The option to choose whether all males,all females or both male and females shows up.

No limit on sims you can pick but try to avoid getting caught

Online dating option on your phone so you can click on a profile or make your own from anywhere. It's 2019 time for maxis to get with the phone option.

If both you and the other sims chemistry and attraction are similar dream dates will be more likely. I'd also like favorites to play into this example if you and Sim B like the same music,food,color etc your more likely to hit it off and the romance bar goes up quicker.

Online dating app would make good work of both homeless townies and premades. Also you'd be able to see your own sims you made or downloaded after you have them create profiles.

Feel free to list y'alls ideas.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I would love an online dating option! I like the feature in sims 3 but never felt the implemented it right - since all the people my sims went on dates with were all already married and every time my sims tried to flirt with them they would say "no, ew Im spoken for" THEN WHY ASK HIM ON A DATE IF YOUR LOYAL TO YOUR S.O.!?

but a proper dating app that actually has SINGLE sims would be an amazing addition to the game.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes to all of this.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How about one of those "alert" systems the call your phone when one of your matches is nearby in public, like out in the park. Your sim gets an alert, pulls out their phone and clicks it. Then a pinging wave emits from their phone (circle of energy flowing out from them) and the match also has the same waves. You locate them , and meet them and get to know them and ask them out on a date.
  • Options
    VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    It would be hilarious too if our sims had the option to catfish, which would improve their mischief skill. If they got caught catfishing, they should get the embarrassed moodlet too. Along with the get famous pack, imagine if your sim could pretend to be someone famous on Simder.
  • Options
    Masters_In_SimologyMasters_In_Simology Posts: 62 Member
    Every time I think that every idea has already been thought of, I see something new. I think this should be a viable option. If they are giving our Sims Social Media, they can give them online dating.
  • Options
    Masters_In_SimologyMasters_In_Simology Posts: 62 Member
    With regard to the possibility of married Sims looking for dates online, have spouses ever had the option to "Hire Private Investigator" to follow a potentially cheating spouse before? Picture some Sim version of Joey Grecco taking the spouse to catch the cheater in the act and an all out war breaking out on the scene.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    With regard to the possibility of married Sims looking for dates online, have spouses ever had the option to "Hire Private Investigator" to follow a potentially cheating spouse before? Picture some Sim version of Joey Grecco taking the spouse to catch the cheater in the act and an all out war breaking out on the scene.

No.
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Agreed with everything listed, plus the comeback of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker with a zodiac-based matchmaking system.
  • Options
    Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    This doesn't have everything listed but I know Little Ms Sam has a mod called SimDa Dating app. It sets up blind dates for your sims and is quite cool, especially if you're struggling to find love lol.
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I agree! Please add the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker in the game or online dating profiles. I also would love to see an attraction and chemistry system like in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ashley247 wrote: »
    I agree! Please add the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker in the game or online dating profiles. I also would love to see an attraction and chemistry system like in The Sims 2.

If they add an online dating "APP" for our sims, maybe they should call it 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Plus the chemestry system and all the rest to improve personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I love these ideas. And as savage as it sounds I would like the ability for a sim to LIE on their profile trying to catfish someone or chest on their spouse, use false photos etc. When they meet and they find they lied their reputation drops and it could come up during the "gossip" interaction
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    anorakblueanorakblue Posts: 30 Member
    Yes, have it so only single sims and sims who are non-committal or have the serial romantic aspiration sign up for it. But yes catfishing definitely, that would be so funny. Have the option to go into CAS and either select premade faces/bodies or edit your own. Maybe include this with the turn-off's and turn-on's that were introduced in Sims 2, but have this as an optional feature for those who don't enjoy it.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I want online dating back for sure, but it wasnt that great in previous sims. I think they could improve it. Your ideas are good.
  • Options
    Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    I really miss the chemistry/turn on/turn off system from the sims 2! I'd like that to be brought back and improved upon and with that would be the perfect time to add online dating! It could be a whole game pack!
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »
    I really miss the chemistry/turn on/turn off system from the sims 2! I'd like that to be brought back and improved upon and with that would be the perfect time to add online dating! It could be a whole game pack!

Yes, I would love a return of the chemistry system.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Always hated it when married sims were on dating apps in TS3 - hopefully they implemented it for singles only!
  • Options
    Briah42Briah42 Posts: 35 Member
    > @Voraginous said:
    > It would be hilarious too if our sims had the option to catfish, which would improve their mischief skill. If they got caught catfishing, they should get the embarrassed moodlet too. Along with the get famous pack, imagine if your sim could pretend to be someone famous on Simder.

Oh my gosh and then imagine a sim would be able to have their own freelancing business to take down catfishers (shout out to MTVs Catfish), that would be HILARIOUS.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I could see this coming in a "Date Night" stuff pack new interactions would be slow dancing, key features would be "dating apps" and compatibility system, a integrated feature could be the ability to schedule plans if you have seasons or have dj play dates fav genre if you have get together. You definitely got my wheels turning.