Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does the Photo Backdrop item do?

I’ve never used it before, but I am wondering if it would let me take pictures of my sim in poses. How does it work? Does my sim need a high photography skill for good quality like the digital cameras require? Can it be used on a residential lot?
Sorry for asking too much 😓

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve never used it either.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes the sims will make a few different poses with the backdrop, but the ones they use depend on their emotion. There's also a group photo option for two adult sims or two kid sims, can't mix the different ages. I use it sometimes on community lots so that's what I recall. I believe I have taken outstanding pictures with low photography skill.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Along with what musteni said, you can use it on residential lots. :)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Thank you @musteni and @DevilNDisguise :):)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have used it with this family for the first time. It does take great pictures, so if you want an in-game wall of your family's generations it's sure easier than maing a good painting of them.
    I have found it is HUGE however so what I have decided to do is to not have a photo studio room, but instead put it in the family inventory and plop it out on the lawn on a beautiful day, and have the pictures taken... then put it back in.

You can also use it if you have a retail store: First charge to take people's photos (it has an option "man the photo booth") then when you have plenty, sell the actual pictures to them as well B)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    In which pack can I find this objet? It sounds interesting
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @Atreya33 wrote: »
    In which pack can I find this objet? It sounds interesting

I believe it comes with Get to Work.
    6riwm5.png